PDA

View Full Version : Printable Flock - Eco-Solvent Inks?

Stitch Up
24-01-2013, 08:41 PM
I know printable flock exists http://www.dorotape.co.uk/Category/3604_Printable-Flock just wondering if anyone has any experience of it?

I'd like to try it on the Roland BN-20 print & cut.

Any advice or tips gratefully received.

John

socialgiraffe
25-01-2013, 12:04 AM
I just purchased some from grafitype for a personal project. I am running a VS640 Metallic Configuration so will be able to let you know very soon. In actual fact I may just try it tonight!

Stitch Up
25-01-2013, 08:39 AM
Great stuff. I have the metallic configuration too on my BN-20.

What price did you pay per metre and what width did you buy?

Cheers

John

socialgiraffe
25-01-2013, 09:30 AM
Hi John

I only purchased 1 meter.

I saw on this forum that is was suitable for certain fleeces so decided to give it a go on something for me, that way I can test it for a few months to see how it survives. To be honest I didn't look around for the best deal as I was ordering from Grafityp anyway and just added it on. They charge £8.49 per meter for 1-5 meters to £7.17 for 25 meters plus. The width is 500mm which is the only width they sell, however Grafityp do offer a free cutting service which I presume would extend to the flock.

Never got to try it yesterday as I got sidetracked but will be giving it a go later today and will let you know.

Stitch Up
25-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the info. I did try to order some from Grafitype but after 3 attempts on their website, I gave up and emailed them - they replied this morning.

Does it have that nice flock feel and is it a good white?

I know there's cheaper from other places but I like to use good stuff instead of 'fighting' with cheaper alternatives!

John