PDA

View Full Version : Any idea's ???

Dawn
19-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Hi Everyone,

We have an annoying problem, any help appreciated.
We've got our subli gear set-up in the trailer for printing mugs, at home everything works fine off the generator, at the market the print offs have a faint splattery speckle around the image, the printer is an Epson D120.

We've tried all different ways i.e: turned everything else off while printing to eliminate interference, run printer through an inverter, but still getting the same result.

Anyone have any ideas of something we might have missed ? Someone suggested it maybe the wind blowing through the printer!!!

bms
19-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Did you do a nozzle check before printing at the market? What was this like?
Does this happen everytime or just the once? I wouldn't have thought the electrical supply would be the cause of the problem - more likely would be the jolting involved in transportation. Do you reseal your Easyflow system with the rubber bungs before moving it?

Dawn
19-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Thanks for your speedy reply!

Yes, we done a nozzle check and it was fine. It seems to happens on all prints.
We thought it was electrical, so we run it through the inverter and it made no difference but when we run it through the genny at home and the prints were o.k.
We didn't replace the rubber bungs while travelling, but when we got home and plugged the printer in again it printed perfect!

Me thinks it doesn't like the great outdoors :D

bms
19-04-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm inclined to think the nozzles weren't 100% perfect and the splatting effect would be down to the ink squirting (technical term!) in the wrong direction because of a slightly blockage. It might have worked itself through by the time you got home. I'd try it again but do a nozzle check/ head clean before printing and see if the prints then come out okay.

Do you think it might be shy of the sunshine? :)

Dawn
19-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Thanks Martin, I'll do a nozzel / head clean before printing next time and see how it goes.
Although the image itself is perfect with speckles mostly above and below the image!

Do you think it would be better to use refillable cartridges rather than the ciss for travelling?

bms
19-04-2010, 11:07 PM
Not sure of the benefit of refill v CIS for the purpose your using it for. I realise that printers don't like transportation very much as the inks & carts get to be bounced around during transit. If you put the rubber bungs in before moving it then this will seal the system and should help.

Dawn
19-04-2010, 11:19 PM
Thanks Martin, we'll put the bungs in next time we travel and see if it helps.