PDA

View Full Version : D120 ink levels

Dawn
19-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have a D120 with ciss, with the reset button on top for the chips.
Does anyone know how or if all the ink levels can be set to full together, as it only seems to do one at a time and i'm fed up with it stopping during printing for each colour.

Thanks in advance.

Justin
19-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Is this an easyflow CIS do you know? Does the CIS auto reset when the ink runs out or do you have to press the reset button each time?

bms
19-04-2010, 11:04 PM
I don't believe it's possible to get them to "factory reset" so they all read full like they would have done when first installed. The chips should reset back to full when they get very low and the printer/ computer is restarted. If the chip goes "empty" during the actual printing process then it will need a manual reset or the printer to be switched off/on which should do the reset for you.

Dawn
19-04-2010, 11:16 PM
Justin, its the one you have to press the reset button each time.

Martin, the R1400 we had used to reset itself when switched off, but the D120 we have doesn't.

Justin
19-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Never seen one with the reset button until I bought this one for my 1400 so I guess they're the same. My inks are showing very low and havn't automatically reset...and the button doesn't seem to work either :( Sounds like I have the same problem as you.

Dawn
20-04-2010, 12:16 AM
We've tried to reset it when the inks show low before printing but it doesn't work, it'll only reset when it's actually stopped printing half way through a print, which is really annoying!

Justin
20-04-2010, 12:17 AM
So the reset only kicks in when the cart is showing as totally empty then?

Dawn
20-04-2010, 12:34 AM
Ours does, not sure if its supposed too!
When we press the orange button on the printer to get the cartridge in position to press the reset button, it throws the paper out, then it allows you to reset the colour thats low (not all).

At the moment ours is showing nearly all colours are low (except yellow which was done today) I'm scared to do a print because we know it'll stop, just not sure if it'll be 1 or 4 times :D

Do you know if the one with the reset button is the newer system?

Justin
20-04-2010, 12:51 AM
I assume it must be as I only just bought mine, previous CIS I had didn't have the button, not sure why it's needed when before they just auto reset no problem.

bms
20-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Never seen one with the reset button until I bought this one for my 1400 so I guess they're the same. My inks are showing very low and havn't automatically reset...and the button doesn't seem to work either Sounds like I have the same problem as you.
Patience my friend :) You can't reset the chip until it is time to do so! They should reset themselves automatically when they are low enough to be reset.

So the reset only kicks in when the cart is showing as totally empty then?
The reset button is an over-ride so can only be used once the chip hasn't reset itself, not before.

I believe any printer will stop printing if the cart goes "empty" (according to the chip) during a printing process. My understanding is the printer reads the chip before starting the print job and then prints, stopping when the chip reports the cart is empty. So if you had any printer and set your printer to print overnight then it would stop at somepoint when one of the chips showed empty. The reseting occurs during a restart or reboot (in theory).

Dawn
20-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Patience my friend :) You can't reset the chip until it is time to do so! They should reset themselves automatically when they are low enough to be reset.

I think ours must have a fault then, as its never reset itself in the few months we've had it, we've always had to use the button to reset it after its stopped while printing!

bms
20-04-2010, 11:09 AM
I've heard of this on the D120 from another customer - having to manually reset rather than resetting automatically.

Could we get some feedback from other forum users using the D120 - how does their Easyflow system reset?

Flash
21-04-2010, 02:16 PM
I have an Epson SX205 fitted with a CISS System purchased from Signal Inkjet on Ebay. This does exactly as described by Dawn above, never resets itself just throws the printing job out when it runs out, leaving you to manually reset by using the reset button :x This is not great when you are printing onto Transfer Paper at 40p a sheet!
This CISS is filled with standard Dye Based Ink and the machine is used mainly for general printing. I have just ordered my CISS for my 'New' Epson D120 from Martin at BMS for Sublimation printing, so it will be interesting to see how this performs, I will report back!

Phil

Kaz
21-04-2010, 05:01 PM
The difference will be like night and day ;)