PDA

View Full Version : Printing equipment

Ricky
03-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Hi,

When I first started my business I didn't put a great deal of thought not the equipment I bought. I went out and got an A4 sublimation Printer to do small products like phone covers, tote bags, mugs, coasters etc - which I am more than happy with.

i also decided to get a expert 24 cutter for vinyl transfers for t-shirts and signs. With this type of cutter I am obviously limited to using just simple designs. Does any one have any ideas what it could be used for?

also I was interested in printing t-shirt but was put off by the sublimation process as I'm not overly keen on polyester shirts - the way around this I thought would be to use chromablast inks instead but with the Epson 1400 (which is still in the box) I have heard nothing but problems with blockages! - I think screen printing looks a Bit to complex at the moment

just wondering what everyone thinks

pisquee
05-02-2013, 10:39 PM
I think a lot of people's struggles with the 1400 were more down to problems with trying to use them with CISS systems, which are prine to problems in themselves, I think you'd have a lot less problems using refilll carts instead.

James990
06-02-2013, 08:20 AM
I use my 1400s all the time with a CISS system and have no problem at all. Now that I have said that you watch it go wrong!!

purpledragon
06-02-2013, 06:00 PM
I use my 1400s all the time with a CISS system and have no problem at all. Now that I have said that you watch it go wrong!!
Sssssshhhhh 1400's have excellent hearing

James990
06-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Oh I hope not. Mind you I am in the house and the 1400 is in the shed at the bottom of the garden, so it should be alright talking about it!!

Ricky
06-02-2013, 07:11 PM
haha ok then i will stick with the 1400! thanks guys