PDA

View Full Version : Printer for Banners/Stickers etc

edwardsmedia
04-02-2013, 12:18 AM
So, I have been looking into doing Banners, Single vinyl colour to start, but would love to get into printing full colour banners, canvas prints and stickers. Hopefully i can print all them using the same printer? can't see why not? Anyone got any tips/information on this? or could recommend a low priced printer for this? and supplier? thanks :)

socialgiraffe
04-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Versacamm all the way for me. Not cheap but superb machines.

Mitoh also sell print and cut machines.

Both start at about £8,000 plus VAT. Not sure if you think that is cheap or not as I do not know your budget

RogerC
04-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Versacamm all the way for me. Not cheap but superb machines.

Mitoh also sell print and cut machines.

Both start at about £8,000 plus VAT. Not sure if you think that is cheap or not as I do not know your budget

I'll second what SG said...Versacamm is the way to go. You might pick up a second hand older one for around £3500 but beware the print heads (if needing replacement) cost around £1100-1200 for supply/fit.

edwardsmedia
05-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Thanks for that guys :) something for the near future maybe haha :)

socialgiraffe
05-02-2013, 10:37 AM
You could always set up a trade print deal. I am sure Roger as well as myself have space on the machine and if roger is anything like me then earning a £1.00 out of it would be far better than it sitting there.

I am happy to provide a quote for me printing the material and then sending onto you for finishing, and I am sure Roger would be also.

RogerC
05-02-2013, 10:53 AM
You could always set up a trade print deal. I am sure Roger as well as myself have space on the machine and if roger is anything like me then earning a £1.00 out of it would be far better than it sitting there.

I am happy to provide a quote for me printing the material and then sending onto you for finishing, and I am sure Roger would be also.

SG you beat me to it.....always happy to help members with all sorts of solvent print stuff.

edwardsmedia
05-02-2013, 08:31 PM
Cheers guys! Have been asked by a few people for stickers and what not in the past, May well be in touch with you both in the near future, Had someone ask me for stickers yesterday, only 100 small stickers though, Is that to small for numbers?

RogerC
06-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Cheers guys! Have been asked by a few people for stickers and what not in the past, May well be in touch with you both in the near future, Had someone ask me for stickers yesterday, only 100 small stickers though, Is that to small for numbers?

I don't know about SG but my minimum is one.........

socialgiraffe
07-02-2013, 08:48 AM
Agree with RogerC on minimum, however it would be a very expensive sticker with me (and presumably Roger)!

If my memory serves me right, Roger has the desk top Versacamm which I know nothing about. To load the material on my machine (whether it be transfer paper or banner or adhesive) takes a while and needless to say would be charged for. Most of my customers I tell them that the minimum order is 100 on stickers otherwise I could spend all day loading different substrates and end up with only £20 in the bank!

RogerC
07-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Agree with RogerC on minimum, however it would be a very expensive sticker with me (and presumably Roger)!

If my memory serves me right, Roger has the desk top Versacamm which I know nothing about. To load the material on my machine (whether it be transfer paper or banner or adhesive) takes a while and needless to say would be charged for. Most of my customers I tell them that the minimum order is 100 on stickers otherwise I could spend all day loading different substrates and end up with only £20 in the bank!

Slight hijack of thread again...sorry. SG I have a Versacamm SP300....never heard of a desktop model.......I find loading media takes but a few minutes and I suppose pricing depends on overheads etc, mine are low (I own the property so no rent to pay) hence I'm happy to set no minimum quantity, price relative to the job and trust to 'luck' that those little jobs lead to bigger things.

socialgiraffe
07-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Sorry Roger, for some reason i thought you had the desktop one.