PDA

View Full Version : Cutter Advice

Simon
08-02-2013, 12:18 PM
I bought a second hand cutter (silhouette), it's duff! (see thread below somewhere) Bah!

As only hobbiest, I only have a small budget, a couple of hundred pounds.

Maybe I ought to buy new 'Chinese' cutter? But which would you recommend?
I need it mainly for cutting cupcake wraps, t-shirt vinyls & flocks, templates for acid etch etc.

Any advice appreciated, thanks in advance.

Simon

Simon
14-02-2013, 02:15 PM
^bump^

I can't decide between the liyu or ramtin, so whose bumph, should I believe? signzworld or ramtin?
I'm guessing I'll be ok for what I want to do with the 'sure cuts alot' software?

Any advice appreciated, thanks in advance.

Simon

Scotty@BMS
14-02-2013, 02:26 PM
How was your Cameo 'duff'? If it was just a case of being second hand and shot, I don't see why you wouldn't want a brand new one. At just over £200 plus VAT they're well within your budget.

Simon
14-02-2013, 02:43 PM
The silhouette cutter kept jamming and miss-feeding, a bit of an ebay con trick, i'm trying to get my money back through paypal. I was thinking I'd like something bigger, I have a couple of ideas I'm batting round my head that i'd like to give a go. The cameo would suit the needs of my girls to do their own t-shirts and cupcake wraps and it would do me for the acid etch. We don't produce anything commercially, its more a tool to feed my girls creativity.
I just though, the bigger cutters are cheaper and it would kill two birds with one stone, if you get my meaning.

Scotty@BMS
14-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Hey, whatever floats your boat! I'd just say bigger isn't always better ;), and I really like the Cameo software. I used a Craft Robo for around for four years so I'm a bit of an old sucker for the Graphtec machines.

viccar
14-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Scotty it was the old silhouette not the new silhouette cameo they had.

Scotty@BMS
15-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Oh, in that case even more reason to go with the Cameo then! :)