PDA

View Full Version : would this be ok ?

Kahboose
11-02-2013, 01:23 PM
looking for a budget cap press to fix flock & vinyl to caps.
I saw this in the price range I currently have and wondered if it would beok for the job ?
It says sublimation but if ive read correctly am i correct in thinking it will also do Vinyl & Flock decal ?
http://www.cityinkexpress.co.uk/ink-products/sublimation/machines/cap-press/sublimation-ink-heat-transfer-cap-press-machine/fr-sub-006

Cheers guys

socialgiraffe
11-02-2013, 01:39 PM
A heat press in theory can be used for any heat transfer method, sublimation, vinyl, laser heat transfers, flock etc etc.

Those that say "XXXX press for sublimation" in my opinion just do not know that much about the heat press methods available.

In answer to your specific question, it looks okay, but not having purchased from this company before I would not take my word for it :smile:

mrs maggot
11-02-2013, 01:53 PM
its not a long trip from wolverhampton to derby where they are based, i have a very similar cap press (though not in that subtle yellow :rolleyes:) so i would say have a trip up to them, might be the start of a good relationship given the other products they sell

Kahboose
11-02-2013, 02:07 PM
cheers guys helpful as always :) really appreciated..
Eventually i want to get into sublimation but still enjoying vinyl printing and 90% of the jobs i do thats what people want for now :)

I do want a few designs done to sub though but when ready ill proberly ask someone nicely on here for a price to do the transfers for me :)

Paul
11-02-2013, 03:02 PM
I would say is actualy better for vinyl then sublimation. But if money are tight then same press can be found cheaper on ebay. But as mrs. Maggot said... They not to far away so will bo worth to go and visit them and pay bit extra for piece of mind :)

Kahboose
14-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Quick Update

I purchased the press from Coralgraph in the end a lot cheaper. Press arrived within 48 hours of purchase online and alI can say is it works perfect very very pleased indeed.