PDA

View Full Version : Okay...looking to do some 'play on' graphics , i.e. Doctor Who as animals etc......

FairyD
13-02-2013, 12:57 PM
I've already got a few drawn...just needing coloured now...but do you have any good ideas for 'swap heads'!??! A few freebies will be offered up with some of the ideas...xxxxx

Renniwano
13-02-2013, 01:18 PM
Swap heads.. yeah, overpaid football players as animals lol..

Craig
13-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Dr Who head on enemys shoulders, Footbal referees which animal bodies I a donkey etc.

FairyD
13-02-2013, 01:27 PM
Great ideas...would these sell?!!? I'm looking for graphics that'll sell for anybody that wants to use them?!?!

jennywren
13-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Dogs as they have numerous breeds and if you can photo shop they can use their own dogs

logobear
14-02-2013, 10:43 AM
what about characters from Lord of the rings/Hobbit and Harry Potter, - caracatures that we can photoshop real faces onto?

FairyD
14-02-2013, 11:09 AM
Oooh, like that idea...just sketched something...scanning it in now...will be back soon with HP!!

Earl Smith
14-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Good ideas there, especially for me as I live in a Football crazy area. Being able to photoshop heads onto charactorised bodies. Leave space on the body for the number and name of the player, thats seems to be important as well.

FairyD
14-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Okay...just a draft and rushed....what do you think of this as a concept?!?!?! Legality wise, how do you think this would go?!?!?!!?

arko
14-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Glasses, hair-do and scarf doesnt make for a copyright issue in my oppinion! I take it that it is your artwork?... even the outline is not infringing on anything really.... funny though, I could put my boys on there! ... great!

pisquee
15-02-2013, 08:48 AM
You be best getting in touch with (and possibly joining) ACID
http://www.acid.uk.com/

FairyD
15-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Thank you Pisquee.....great info. Are you and your wife members!?!?

pisquee
15-02-2013, 04:46 PM
not yet! ... on a very long to-do list!
They are at most big design based trade shows, and offer free advice from their stand.
We've also seen them take action at one of the trade shows we were at - small design co in our section had one of their designs ripped off by a bigger company - they approached big company and those products taken off the stand immediately. Also seen them do other good work supporting smaller designers take on some big players when ripped off. They are taken very seriously, and is a good sign to have their logo on your literature/website/trade stand - shows you are taking things seriously, and also a sign that you are established and wanting to be around for a long time.

FairyD
15-02-2013, 05:32 PM
Oh, I definitely want them fighting in my corner then!! As you know it's a constant worry...especially with the internet and people's sudden acquisition of Photoshop (I can't believe how many little old ladies use it)..we have to swamp our artwork in copyright notices to the point of defacing them!! Thank you for the info..x

gorgall2
16-02-2013, 06:12 AM
Glasses, hair-do and scarf might not be a problem, but the minute you add the scar, you might be in trouble.

philfoot
22-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Hi

All looking good, seems to be a good idea, hope to hear more about the project.

Regards

Phil