PDA

View Full Version : Decisions, Decisions...

Suzy Q
13-02-2013, 11:38 PM
Like most people, I've spent weeks reading everything I can find and I'm still confused about knowing which press to buy and from whom. Has anyone bought from Ebay and been happy or would you all recommend steering clear. Am looking at BMS & Coralgraph otherwise. I can't afford to waste money paying over the top likewise I can't afford to get this wrong....

Paul
14-02-2013, 12:04 AM
if you only starting up and never been involved in sublimation then proper suppliers is your best shoot! the customer service is something that you will appreciate very quick :)

Suzy Q
14-02-2013, 12:17 AM
Thank you Paul. Love your Guitar Picks...my partner is a 'Guitar Nut' so maybe that's something I can look into further along the line :)

socialgiraffe
14-02-2013, 08:44 AM
Hi Suzy Q

Welcome to the forum, like Paul says, as you are new to this and only starting up it is probably more important to have the back up of a reputable supplier than those of us who are more experienced and can normally tell what has gone wrong immediately.

My only tip would be to become a premium member as you can then access member discounts with Longforte and Listawoods Trade Supplies. BMS come highly recommended from me. Not sure on Coralgraph as I have never dealt with them, but I am sure other members have and will be able to tell you.

James990
14-02-2013, 09:03 AM
I have always found Henry at Coralgraph most helpful, and knowledgeable.

FairyD
14-02-2013, 10:02 AM
As a newbie who has just purchased a load of equipment I would say definitely take out premium membership here...then buy what you can afford OR save up and buy bigger....I did just that and bought an A3...took me longer to save my pennies but the possibilities for design are far greater! I have bought my presses cheaply and I will upgrade them when I can but again it widens your range because of what you can do. I bought the Ricoh 7700 and the colours are eye-popping so customers are as delighted as I am!! Remember, unless this is a hobby then your end product is not just to satisfy you...you have a customer who will be picky about how they spend their money (especially with today's current economic situation) and if they think the item isn't up to par then not only will you have to refund/re-do the item....that customer may well take to facebook and ruin your reputation. Oh the joys of retail!!!! :rolleyes:

RogerC
14-02-2013, 10:26 AM
BMS every time......great to deal with, excellent service and nice folks as well. If you encounter set up problems or just need advice they can't be beaten IMO.

Good luck.

Suzy Q
15-02-2013, 12:22 AM
Thanks so much for all of your comments. It's very much appreciated and taken on board :)