PDA

View Full Version : Hot Vacuum Glass Press

confidential
23-04-2010, 07:23 PM
A friend of mine has offered me a Hot Press HGP 260 for a very good price. I'm looking to do some larger sublimations and it seems ideal? Has anyone used one of these for dye sub work?

TransferGraeme
23-04-2010, 09:43 PM
If I'm reading the manual I've just found online correctly this machine has a maximum operating temperature of 115 degrees - which would render it completely useless for dye sub!

We offer a heat press with a 120 x 48 cm platen for around £2300 (plus carriage - and it's a large and heavy machine delivered on a pallet!!)

Justin
23-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Hi John,

Can I ask exactly what you're looking to dye sub on this scale?

Cheers,
Justin

swimwivsquid
24-04-2010, 02:56 PM
A Vacuum press or even something like the old Ademco hard bed presses were designed for mounting photographs or artwork onto substrates and heatsealing which works at a lower temp. Looked into this years ago when we had an 8ftx4ft vacuum press and found that we had to get a specific type ie one that heats up to 400F.

confidential
24-04-2010, 05:04 PM
If I'm reading the manual I've just found online correctly this machine has a maximum operating temperature of 115 degrees - which would render it completely useless for dye sub!

Just double checked with him, looks like he has got his Fahrenheit & Celsius mixed up :evil: Could have got it for £500 aswell :evil: :evil:

confidential
24-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Hi John,

Can I ask exactly what you're looking to dye sub on this scale?

Cheers,
Justin

Nothing that big a such, just thought it would be a good cheap acquisition - think how many coasters you could do in one go :lol: