PDA

View Full Version : Versacamm VS

Geek
15-02-2013, 11:09 AM
Hi guys

Picking up a "needs work" VS 420 versacamm today hopefully. The guy said it needs a new head but nothing more, just wondering if it needs more than just a head does anybody know anybody that knows somebody local'ish to Runcorn (Near Liverpool) that wouldent mind coming taking a look and possibly fixing it up, for gold coin of course! also have a HP large format printer that i think needs a new belt would also love to have this fixed up.

Let me know guys and thanks in advance!

RogerC
15-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Hopefully you did some research before buying and you're not in for a horrible shock regarding the print head cost.

Geek
15-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Hi roger thanks for the reply im aware of the cost of a new head and most of the other parts for that matter

What I lack is the knowledge of the machines and any local printer repair people

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated

socialgiraffe
15-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Hi Geek

Personally I would contact Roland direct and ask them for a cost to replace a new head. They can also service the machine as well and have engineers all over the country. One they have inspected the machine they can then offer a maintenance package which may suit your needs.

I remember years ago calling an independent engineer, was a complete waste of money IMHO

Geek
15-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Hey Social

Gonna give Roland a call on Monday, i've heard while their machines are good they charge over the top for repairs and parts, this is just hear-say at the moment but I will see what they say on Monday.

In the meantime if anybody knows somebody too it would be a great option especially for my HP Designjet 5500.

Thanks Guys.

socialgiraffe
15-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Hi Geek

To be fair they probably do charge more than an independent but I would not know as I have never had to call them out. Plus my machine is on their silver care plan so I think most things are covered in that.

I have had quite a few Rolands over the years and not one of them has gone wrong, so I may be throwing money down the drain :smile:

Geek
15-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Can I ask out of curiosity how much is Roland care a month? im guessing its different prices depending on what you have but a vague idea would be nice to know!

socialgiraffe
15-02-2013, 06:50 PM
I would love to tell you but I do not know :smile:

My machine is on a lease rental direct from Roland (something they have just started doing) and its included in the price

stuart
15-02-2013, 08:16 PM
I think we pay £90 a month
stu

Geek
16-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Just wanted to update you guys.

Messaged Roland on their forums as they are closed until Monday and luckily for me they are doing free repairs and call out at the moment minus the parts if you take out Roland care so it turns out contacting Roland may in fact be the best thing I could of done (thank you social) as I was looking to get it covered anyway.

After I find out how much the repairs are I will update again and let you guys know if my expensive gamble paid off.

socialgiraffe
16-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Wow that is good news and glad that a recommendation got lucky!

I think Roland are having a bit of a change in their direction. When I first started using Rolands it was very much you dealt with the dealer and then they contacted Roland. Nowadays they have the forum which is getting busier, they are selling, leasing and financing direct to end user and the service warranties etc are coming down in price. All good news for us end users.

Out of interest, what configuration are you going for?

Mine is 6 plus white and metallic.

Have to be honest, I don't do that much white or metallic but chose that configuration as speed is not an issue with the work I do.