PDA

View Full Version : R1800 Fault indicators

R.Prints
24-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Have got a problem with my Epson R1800. When I switch it on now all I get is the low ink and paper jam indicators flashing, nothing happens and there is no movement of the print head. Next problem is how to get the ciss system out of the machine so I can fit it too another printer. Any input would be appreciated before I hit it with a big hammer.
Cheers
Ray. :x

Paul
24-04-2010, 11:40 AM
as far Iam concern this is inde=ication for waste ink tank full up. I think in this case printer need to be send out to service. you can empty waste ink tank u self but I think printer still nedd to be rest.

Paul

bms
24-04-2010, 11:47 AM
You'll need to overcome the red light flashing problem before you can easily remove the CISS from the printer. I suspect the red lights are flashing because the waste ink pad inside the printer needs to be changed, but there is a way over this.

Search on Google for SSC Utility and download the small program. This will enable you to reset the waste ink pad and should overcome the problem. This works often, but not everytime.

Once you've downloaded and installed the programme you need to set it to the R1800 and then close the programme by clicking on the X in the top right corner. This will put a new icon in the bottom right of your screen and you will then need to right click on that icon. A small menu will pop up and in that menu will be options to reset various things. You need to find and click on the protection counter and when asked if you have replaced the waste pad, click YES. You might need to do this a couple of times and possibly reset/ restart the printer/ computer. If this works then the red flashing lights will stop and you're away.

To get the CISS out of the printer when the lights aren't flashing then switch the printer on as normal and when the carriage starts to move pull the power lead out from the printer - you can now move the carriage freely.

The SSC Utility only works on older Epson printer models so this "trick" isn't available for all printers. If anyone has the same problem and their printer isn't resetable using this method then the printer will need to be taken to an Epson authorised repair centre for them to reset the counter. Our local repair centre charges £15 for this so it isn't expensive (but check your local centres for their charges).

R.Prints
25-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Cheers Martin, download, re-set, job done. Local repair shop told me to scrap it and get a new one, moral of story is "always ask for help first".
Thanks for your help
Ray. :D :D :D

bms
25-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Great, glad it worked for you:)

Paul
25-04-2010, 04:22 PM
well done mate! but what about the waste ink pad? it have to be emptied. this may be handy for you
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Waste-Ink-Box-Fits-Epson-RX700-R800-R1800-R2400-R1900_W0QQitemZ330390725819QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_C amerasPhoto_Printers_Printers_JN?hash=item4cecd264 bb

bms
25-04-2010, 06:33 PM
You don't need to empty it on the R1800 - in the A4/ A3 printers the waste ink pad is like a thick piece of blotting paper where the liquid ink get absorbed into when a head clean is done. Often the liquid will evaporate leaving the pad discoloured that's all.

On the larger format printers the waste tank holds liquid and then has to be emptied, but I've known people reset the waste ink pads on A4/A3 printers 3 or 4 times without any problems.

Paul
25-04-2010, 06:44 PM
thats great! it will save me £10 :)

wenico
27-05-2010, 02:01 PM
I can't get the ssc ujtility to reset the counters on my R1800

but I have a different utility that will

I'd probably have to email it.

Regards

Roy N.