PDA

View Full Version : Printing trouble with CS4

Traynor26
24-04-2010, 06:56 PM
A bit of a strange one here!!

Have been printing fine for nearly 2 weeks with my GX3300n with CS4, I unplugged my laptop from the set up last week to take on course with me.

Since I have returned I have been unable to print in CS4?!?! It say, 'to carry out print related tasks, you need to install a printer'......I have about 3 installed, and all are working and printing fine with other software, word, paint etc

To complicate things further, if I create a new document in CS4 it let's me print??? But all my work is already made in templates, I'm in a bit of a pickle,

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks in advance

Lee

confidential
24-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Hi Lee,

I had this a while back and bookmarked the link below, it worked for me.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/409/kb409119.html

Traynor26
24-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks John,

will give that a go in a bit, which one worked for you? The first 2 options have me confused? I can't open page setup or print etc, or have I read that wrong?

confidential
24-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Yeah that's the same problem I had. I recreated the photoshop preference file which worked fine, and I've not had a problem with it since - fingers crossed :?

Traynor26
24-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Thanks again John,

our problems sound identical, sorry to be a pain, but i cant find that file??................im using vista and cant find the Aplication Data folder anywhere??

Sorry to keep bothering you :oops:

confidential
25-04-2010, 05:38 AM
No worries Lee, I know what a frustrating pain in the proverbial it can be.

Mine is in

my computer
local disk c:
users
john
appdata
roaming
adobe
photoshop cs4 settings

If you still can't find it, type prefs.psp into the start menu search bar and then right click the result - then click open file location.

Another tip if you ever open up CS4 and only the hand icon appears and it won't let you change the cursor for anything else - press the spacebar.