PDA

View Full Version : Blue coming out purple

danzab
25-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Hello

Finally got my printer problems sorted out and have started printing my first mugs and money boxes. Im using flexisign 8.1 as I find it much easier than photoshop and in pretty sure I have the icc installed correctly. Using a ricoh gxe3300n on vista. When printing onto paper the blues seem to be coming out much darker than they should,even purple in some cases.I though this might be normal and the colour would come out correct on the mug,but the colours seem to come out the same as they are on the paper.

Any suggestions,like I said,I think I have the icc installed correctly as all the other colours seem ok,its just blues that are coming out much darker

Thanks

Dan

John G
25-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Is flexisign compatible with the profile, try with photoshop and see if the results are the same. I print using coreldraw and its fine with the ricoh's.

Cheers John

bms
26-04-2010, 07:45 AM
Hi Dan,
The Ricoh GXe3300 uses the PowerDriver software for colour management. Have you installed this?

danzab
26-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Is flexisign compatible with the profile, try with photoshop and see if the results are the same. I print using coreldraw and its fine with the ricoh's.

Cheers John

Not tried it with photoshop yet,I need to have more of a play with it,flexi is much easier to use
Hi Dan,
The Ricoh GXe3300 uses the PowerDriver software for colour management. Have you installed this?

I have not installed it,on the profile disc it said you could use either the software or the icc. Will have aplay with the powerdriver later

Thanks for the replies

Dan

bikertec
05-06-2010, 09:38 PM
how did you get on with this did you manage to sort it out. If so please share as I have the same problem.

Thankyou Mick.

bikertec
07-06-2010, 10:10 PM
I seem to have sorted the problem on my epson s20 with blues coming out purple. This works with paint shop so I don't see why it want work with other art programs. Go to adjust then hue and saturation and then hue/saturation/lightness from there select edit then blue. I knocked the hue blue down to -40 and now it seems to be printing great. Worth a try if you have the same problem. ;)