PDA

View Full Version : hi new to all this help please

bigboots
23-02-2013, 11:55 AM
hi all as it says above im new to all this got my mug press working just fine now.
ok so help needed in pressing phone covers t shirt and things like acrylic photo blocks. can i use clam press to do these objects with only problem i have to bear in mind is space. i don't have much room as got printer mug press and plotter all in one room.
any help or advice would be gratefull for

Paul
23-02-2013, 12:01 PM
is this swing away press? or clam press?

reference to your room - you should see my room lol. not sure if you can see on my videos but is tiny, single bedroom i nicked for my stuff :) hardly enough room for my chair there lol :D

bigboots
23-02-2013, 12:16 PM
yes will a clam press be ok for doing acrylic photo blocks and mouse mats etc ?

Justin
23-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Do you know the model number/make of the press? Acrylic really needs a larger opening ideally. Clam press will be fine for mats etc.

bigboots
23-02-2013, 12:30 PM
no im not sure of the make and model he says its british made. its a guy selling them in my area i have to go and view it later today just wanted to no what im looking for before i go there that's all. is there a certain one that would be fine or a picture i could look at for example just so i no.

Justin
23-02-2013, 12:36 PM
I only know of two companies claiming to make in the UK, HeatpressUk and Pressmech. Neither are cheap so you'll know if it's either of those :-)

Justin
23-02-2013, 12:37 PM
I use an Adkins swing away which may be overkill for your needs. I also have a small, cheap press from Coralgraph, same as Paul uses in his excellent tutorial videos. These are great for smaller items, especially acrylics as they have a very wide opening and will easily accommodate the 15/20mm blocks.

bigboots
23-02-2013, 12:40 PM
just been told it is a xy0001a if that helps

Justin
23-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Quick Google search will show you just how popular these are! ;-) Not sure what price you're paying for this and what backup you'll get but I'd strongly advise buying from a recognised supplier. For smaller items, phone covers, blocks etc. the tiny Coralgraph one I mention would be great in a limited space like yours and it's a swing press. You can of course get something a little larger if you want to do t-shirts etc. but this would be a good start.

I'm prepared to stand corrected but I don't think the one you're looking at will be UK made, more likely Chinese.

bigboots
23-02-2013, 12:44 PM
yes i just ordered one from lovecut like that it states 1-2 day delivery aweek later it turns up to a man up the street. got it home and it just keeps getting hotter and hotter it dosent stop at the tem it should be. it looks good but thats the problem i have with it and another one is trying to contact them.i no but i ordered it before i read the bad feedback about them my own fault.so stuck with a faulty press unless anyone here noes anything i shoult check to get it working?

Justin
23-02-2013, 12:46 PM
I won't tell you to do a search for them on here then, you've already been burnt (sorry, no pun intended) If it's getting hotter and hotter that sounds very dangerous. I'd insist on my money back and tell them you're going to trading standards. This is where a decent supplier would take care of you.

bigboots
23-02-2013, 01:05 PM
thats fine m8 i would if i can get them to reply to me emails. and even more so i they would answer the phone i have put a depute in with paypal for a claim hopefully they will contact me then.

RogerC
23-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Sorry to read you've apparently been another 'L*vecut' victim. Good luck getting things sorted.

bigboots
23-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Sorry to read you've apparently been another 'L*vecut' victim. Good luck getting things sorted.

yeah i have a feeling its going to be a fight. like i said i hope paypal see my point of view and do a claim back for me .i have informed them about the situation it all lies in the hands of paypal dispute now i have asked for a refund, but its an unsfe item if you ask me. that should qualify a full refund

pisquee
23-02-2013, 07:31 PM
I only know of two companies claiming to make in the UK, HeatpressUk and Pressmech. Neither are cheap so you'll know if it's either of those :-)

Jarin/Europa also claim UK manufacturing
HeatPressUK only claim their machines are assembled in the UK
Adkins certainly used to be made in UK, but I don't see that claim on the website anymore.

socialgiraffe
24-02-2013, 11:37 PM
Hi Bigboots

Facts are that you have been sold a product that does not work. End of. So I can not see any other outcome apart from a full refund.

In the meantime do a bit of searching for a reliable supplier. I can recommend the following (in no particular order) who I have purchased from and all have excellent customer service.

The Magic Touch
BMS
Xpres
Longforte
Listawoods
HeatpressUK

You will notice that the machines vary in price massively but if you stick to one of the above you will be fine. The cheaper heat presses sold by these guys will work and do what they need to do, if they don't they will replace it etc etc. The more expensive ones are just better made and more for the high end user (full time use etc).

Justin
24-02-2013, 11:52 PM
Jarin/Europa also claim UK manufacturing
HeatPressUK only claim their machines are assembled in the UK
Adkins certainly used to be made in UK, but I don't see that claim on the website anymore.

Wasn't aware jarin were Uk. Yes, Adkins are also assembled only in UK now as well I believe.

pisquee
25-02-2013, 12:19 AM
Wasn't aware jarin were Uk.

From Jarin/Europa website:
The HF range of heat presses are manufactured in the UK by Europa Leisure Equipment to the highest quality
British standards. All of our heat presses are fitted with the new digital control system which is exclusive to
europa leisure. The new control system incorporates many new handy, energy saving and safety & efficiency features.

All Europa Leisure Presses are CE approved and manufactured in the UK. All presses come with a lifetime heater element
warranty and a standard one year return to base warranty inclusive, which can be upgraded in one year increments.

Yes, Adkins are also assembled only in UK now as well I believe.

We have a couple of pretty old and big Adkins presses, (The green ones, branded as "Double A" for A Adkins, although not dating back to their 1911 models!) which are certainly marked as being UK manufactured (and look like it too.
I think some of their more recent models are imported, and some certainly bare more than a resemblance to USA InstaPress models.