PDA

View Full Version : Opencart - Customer Image Upload

Justin
24-02-2013, 06:14 PM
My website can currently handle customer image upload but I want to be able to let them upload say 4 photos for a coaster set. I can give them 4 upload buttons but they HAVE to use all 4 buttons before they can add to cart.

Is there a way to give the option of 1 or 4 images in a better way?

I saw this module and wondered if it might be a little better?

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=extension/extension/info&extension_id=1887#.USpH0KU5lTA

BTW, anyone find it useful if we had a separate section for websites/OC etc?

JSR
27-02-2013, 11:32 AM
but they HAVE to use all 4 buttons before they can add to cart.
Why do they HAVE to use all 4 buttons? I just select "Required: No" in the setup options and they don't need to upload anything if they don't want to. I do this for all my products in case the customer wants to send large images via email, or even post them for scanning.

Mattie
27-02-2013, 11:46 AM
What about this one Justin http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=extension/extension/info&extension_id=760&filter_search=pop up options

i use it but only need it for one image upload, you would still need to display 4 upload boxes but as they pop up in fancy box they are not displayed on the page meaning it keeps your page clean

Justin
27-02-2013, 07:04 PM
I kept the "Required" at yes so that customers didn't add featured products to basket without uploading a photo. It does seem a little messy hence my mention of this other module...... I'll look at this one as well Mattie :-)

Dave271069
27-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Hi Justin, not an expert myself (yet) but I'm also a now a open cart customer, but weather it's something I stick too only time will tell. I'm finding it a little time consuming, and I bought PRESS IT ON and can't get it working on open cart just yet, so if anyone knows how feel free to help me,
sorry to nick thread
Dave

Justin
27-02-2013, 07:10 PM
It is time consuming setting it up but so flexible its well worth the time spent. I find that I have to sit for a good session to really get on top of it, if I leave the site for a while I have to get back into the flow again :-)

I do think we might find it useful to have a seperate section for this.

Justin
27-02-2013, 09:07 PM
What about this one Justin http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=extension/extension/info&extension_id=760&filter_search=pop up options

Just bought this one, waiting for the download link. Does look very good and well worth a play :-)

Mattie
27-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Just bought this one, waiting for the download link. Does look very good and well worth a play :-)

wise choice justin, i like it as keeps the product page clean and shorter to scroll

Justin
27-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Just need the buggers to accept the payment now!

Mattie
28-02-2013, 09:54 AM
why do you have to wait, it normally comes straight through for me as soon as i get redirected from paypal

Justin
01-03-2013, 12:45 AM
Not sure, probably just not looking in the right place! lol. OK, installed and working, looks really good, tidies up nicely.

Mattie
01-03-2013, 10:18 PM
cool, it's quite easy to adjust size, colours etc as it's VQmod