PDA

View Full Version : inkjet transfer paper not coming away cleanly

viccar
26-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Im trying to put an inkjet transfer paper photo onto a cotton tote bag.

The transfer is just not coming away cleanly from the paper and leaving some of the photo behind.

It s the same paper ive used before, although not ofter and not a cheapie ebay paper,ive used it on t shirts before fine.

letting paper dry 15mins
Im pre pressing bag
putting it on bag then teflon sheet
then pressing 175c for 15 sec and taking it straight off (hot peel) all as per instructions.

The second time i upped to 180 and 20 seconds, and was still the same.

Then tried again and let it cool a bit and that was even worse.

the bags are ok because ive put rhinestones on and vinyl and they have stuck fine.

Any ideas before i waste loads of paper

John G
26-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Maybe go the other way and reduce the time, as it could be due to the bags being very thin.

Paul
26-02-2013, 12:57 PM
I would go for 175 And 30sec. And cold ish peel. Very heavy pressure.

Renniwano
26-02-2013, 02:06 PM
I have noticed the timing between pressing.. and removing the paper has to be just right too.. I did a batch of 30 the other day changed nothing and had three out of the batch I had to re do due to exactly the same thing happening.. these things are sent to test us..

Hope you manage to get it sorted as like yourself I press for the same time.. at the same temp..

socialgiraffe
26-02-2013, 02:14 PM
Hi Guys

If you do a lot of bags I would recommend switching to laser transfers.

I picked up a little HP CP1025 for £100 and use The Magic touch paper and it works a treat for bags. I would not recommend for tee shirts as much because the print can sometimes leave "tramlines" but due to the nature of a cotton bag you do not see this.

Even better these days is that there is a seller on ebay selling replacement toner for this machine at £40.00 including delivery for a complete set of CMYK. When I first purchased this machine it was £40.00 + VAT a cartridge!

viccar
26-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Sorted ty all, i presses very heavy for 30 seconds and also changed my teflon sheet which is quite thick to baking paper, and that seemed to sort it out.

I dont do many inkjet transfers as a rule would rather stick to vinyl, rhinestones and sub ..so much easier :wink:

What else would that print social, would it be just for bags?

Renniwano
26-02-2013, 04:55 PM
I don't have any more room for printers lol..

I have my normal one.. a mono laser.. a pigment ink one and my sub one.. the other half would go mental :)

Paul
26-02-2013, 04:56 PM
I would also be interested either laser transfer i printer will be cheap enough.... How's the washing test???

gazza
01-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Thanks guys,I was having exactly the same problem turned the pressure right up and hey presto it works :)