PDA

View Full Version : white lines down the picture :(

rezyac
27-02-2013, 11:57 PM
HI.

i have started to get faint white lines down my pictures, kind of like faint ridges as if the mugs are not flat, if that makes sense,

so i dont know if its the press the printer or the mugs,

has any one else had this issue and what have you came up with to solve it

socialgiraffe
28-02-2013, 12:02 AM
Hi there

Do you have a picture?

twinsgran
28-02-2013, 12:30 AM
I get similar if my inks are low. Could it be that?

rezyac
28-02-2013, 12:35 AM
wont let me use the pic keeps saying error

rezyac
28-02-2013, 12:36 AM
inks are in the high 50% mark

socialgiraffe
28-02-2013, 01:03 AM
Put it on something like FLIKR and then post the link instead.

You could try a head clean as there might be very feint lines in the printed page because a nozzle is blocked..

rezyac
28-02-2013, 01:16 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93692752@N08/

iv done a nozzle check and looks fine, you can see it as well in the pic as you can in hand, that white bluer is meant to be all black and it streaks down like lines

also just checked the left over paper and where its got the white lines it looks as if the colour has stayed on the paper

socialgiraffe
28-02-2013, 01:37 AM
Okay, its not the easiest of picture to tell whats going wrong so all I can suggest is to try the following:

First of all, if you have another printer and some good quality paper, print out the same picture to see if it is not the picture that is printing like this.

Also try putting your mug in the blanket the other way round and look to see if you get the same problems in the same place on the mug or the same place on the blanket.

If its the same place on the mug it is pointing to an issue with either the image or the paper/printer

its its the same place on the blanket then it is pointing to an issue with the blanket or the temp and time settings

Try the above and we can then identify where the problem is coming from and try and resolve why.

rezyac
28-02-2013, 01:50 AM
thanks i will do that in the morning, i think it may be the press, just looked and when it is tight it favours one side it seems to close in more on one side with no mug in so i gess with a mug in its tighter on one part

pisquee
28-02-2013, 10:31 AM
It looks like the is not enough pressure.

John G
28-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Yes, looks like either not enough time or pressure.

rezyac
28-02-2013, 02:15 PM
cool the time has not changed from the rest that are good so i will adjust the pressure and if it is still wrong ill take more photos, but i reckon it is the pressure now you 2 have said thanks