PDA

View Full Version : Profit from the first print....new 711w printer

logobear
07-03-2013, 08:23 AM
I had been debating the +/- of DTG etc and finally bought a white laster printer to use with wow system from TMT - installed yesterday.
Price included samples and installation, and as Paul was about to print a test page I gave him a clients job.. They only wanted a small brest logo so I filled the a4 sheet with our logo etc, and fancy text with white outlines and drop shaddows and out it printed.
The appeal of the system was it's supposed symplicity, and so far, so good.
Clients logo went on in 30secs with 10 sec repress, and the rest of the sheet went onto a nylon jacket and a T, - which has been in the wash overnight and still looks good. I found myself excited last night that I can finally offer the previously impossible, - and it seems so straightforward........
more info as i discover it!
:-)

Paul
07-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Please post some pictures of printed garment if you find spare minute . Also whats the size option for this system.

logobear
07-03-2013, 11:55 AM
The 711w is a4.
Apparently there have been problems with the A3 version, but they are happy with the 711, and I only wanted a4 anyhow.
Pics will follow.
P

Russ
07-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Saw this laser printer at TMT's stand at Focus show at NEC this week - they seem pretty excited by it.

Andrew
07-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Glad it all seems good so far. Keep us updated.

chongsta
22-03-2013, 11:45 PM
Hi

my first post in about a decade lol. good to see the regulars still here:)

About the new OKI white printers..'A3' in particular:

I went to the Printwear Promotion exhibition specifically to see the white printers in action. I started on the Xpres stand and promptly grilled the poor demonstrator about the in's n out's, pro's n con's of these new white printers. I was suitably satisfied with the demo, even though he printed an A4 print onto an A3 piece of this WOW paper! The print on the tshirt was really good i have to say that I would've bought one on the spot as i was geared up to part with 6K anyway.

I asked if they would do a deal on the day, as most suppliers are only too happy to sell if only to re-coup the exhibition expenses. Sadly I was point blank denied any "deal" whatsoever, and so I thought 'ok then...lets look around'..

I got to Magic Touches stand and duly grilled them with the same questions etc. I then said to the demonstrator that I thought 6K was a bit rich for an A3 white printer. He quizzed me and asked 'well how much do u wanna pay?'...i said...'well not 6k for a starter'...he then said to me (and im amazed by this)..."between me and you, dont bother with the A3 mate, they're crap!", I asked him to "expand" on this revelation and without hesitation he promptly told me that there was problems with the A3 and that i should 'leave it 6-12 months before you buy a white A3 printer'

I asked if i was jumping on the 'white' bandwagon too soon and he totally agreed and said to leave it bacause Ricoh and other manufacturers were already bringing out white printers within the year.

Gotta be honest...watta salesman he was! He saved me 6K that day. I also got lots of info from other sellers that day to just use any Image-Clip paper and I'm quids in but 6K heavier lol :P

Im now buying the OKI printer for £500 sheets > http://www.printerland.co.uk/OKI-C821n-P110375.aspx

Does everything you want:) and for £5500 less :)

It was a good day lol

Dave

smo
24-03-2013, 10:53 AM
That OKI C821n doesnt do white tonor.

Its amazing that The Magic Touch would slag off a product so much when their direct competitors Xpres offer it and have no problems.....I dont like companies who directly slag off their competition as its just reflects badly on themselves. We use both TMT and Xpres products without problems and have done for years.

logobear
24-03-2013, 08:36 PM
We have had our 711w for a couple of weeks now, and it continually amaizes me, the results are just fantastic, and the process is soo simple. The main issue is trying to retrain my brain, designs that we would have to say no to, or ones were we layer vinyl, or do a print & cut and put a border on are history! we are promised cheaper media soon too!