PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Dye-sub inks

monsters
26-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Has anyone had any experience of Inktec inks?

They're imported from china and retail at about half the price that artainium etc sell at.

I've spoken to Justin about these already, how far did you get Justin with regards getting a good icc profile for them?

Im still in 2 minds whether to just order some and see how i get on or bite the bullet and get the proper stuff.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Martin

Justin
26-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Bite the bullet! If you're just starting out don't waste your time trying to get these other inks to work for you. Get yourself up and running and then come back and take a look further down the line. IMHO. The support you'll receive from both your inks supplier and here on the forum will be invaluable.

Nothing to stop us discussing them in the meantime though!

Cheers,
Justin

Justin
29-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Martin,

Now my Ricoh is up and running and a few rush jobs out the way, I'm going to have another play with the cheaper inks. I can do a few direct comparisons to see just how close I can get them.

Think I'll get a CIS bulk system for the D120, fed up of refilling the cart's!
Anyone know where I can buy a decent one without spending an arm and a leg?

Justin :-)

monsters
01-11-2009, 01:00 PM
It just so happens that I have recently bought a CIS for a D120.
It was from coralgraph on ebay. Think I paid about £20 for it (empty).
It was a breeze to fit and have had no problems with it at all.

monsters
01-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Also, forgot to mention, that ive been intouch with inktec-uk who have assured me that they have all the ICC profiles for the inktec inks.

However, it did seem a bit cloak and dagger, he emailed me profiles for Artainium but then said I should phone him so he could 'explain'!

mmmm, i'll speak to him tomorrow and let you know the outcome.

Martin

tonyb299
19-11-2009, 06:59 PM
i recently tried euro-ink dye sub inks.. from proprint.. good price and decent results.