PDA

View Full Version : Oki Printer question

ADP
13-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Hi All, Ive been offered a oki c3450 color printer with almost full toner for £20 (it works well as ive seen it working this past week), My question is, would this printer be able to print/work with the magic touch/ other companies rage of paper for these type of printers?

Thanks

Adam

logobear
14-03-2013, 12:11 AM
I don't know, but the tec team at TMT will be able to tell you.
For £20 if it prints wtf!
Bear in mind that there are many many consumer swappable parts for laser printers, and they can be very costly
Think:
drum unit and toner unit for each colour = 8 items
transfere belt,
fuser unit
waste thingy
think there might be 1 other bit.
If you buy new, you might never swap out some of these parts for years, but if you buy s/h .....
look at the prices and availability of these parts, they can be £50 a pop.
Mind, for £20 what have you got to loose ? .............................. (well 20 quid !)

ADP
14-03-2013, 01:45 AM
Thanks for the advice logo, Like you said for the loss of £20 for giving it ago i may as well have a look, I will give tmt a email to see what they say and also be cheeky and ask for a sample paper just to try. I know it was serviced about 7-8 months ago (not a clue what it had done mind you). I will let you know how t goes :)

bms
14-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Hi All, Ive been offered a oki c3450 color printer with almost full toner for £20 (it works well as ive seen it working this past week), My question is, would this printer be able to print/work with the magic touch/ other companies rage of paper for these type of printers?

Thanks

Adam

Oki C3450 works fine. Details here
http://themagictouch.com/compatibility.html

ADP
14-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Thank you Martin, I just checked my email and found the same the link from Carl. For £20 and almost full toner i may as well give it a go, picking it up on Monday :)

ADP
18-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Well ive not long picked the printer up and i was quite surprised on how big and heavy ish it was, Im in the process of setting it up and installing the drivers on my other laptop at the moment ( ive tried it on this laptop and was impressed with the standard print quality on normal paper) as i have never had a play with one of these before.

The kind people at TMT sent me a few sample papers to learn with and get the hang of it all (very grateful) so once ive worked out what im doing and figured out the color setting i will post a few samples :)