PDA

View Full Version : Ref - Blotches on printed mugs

mysticalvibes
30-04-2010, 01:54 AM
HELP!!!! I'm having the exact same problem, brown marks around the edges after taking the mugs from the press, i'm printing a black background though. I've spoiled 6 in the last day!!! Can anyone tell me how I upload a pic to show you guys, sorry i'm only new to the forum so i'm a still a bit lost. I will happily email it to someone if they can help.

Many Thanks
Davy

bms
30-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Have you checked everything appears correct on your printer/ graphics package first...
Profile correctly installed (what version of Photoshop/ Corel are you using)?
Have you done a nozzle check to ensure print will be perfect before printing?
What printer and inks are you using?

mysticalvibes
30-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Hi Martin, Everything looks fine on screen, i'm using Photoshop CS4 with an Epson B40W fitted with an artainium ink CIS and the correct colour profiles to suit. When printed everything looks fine however i've changed paper which I don't think is as good as the last type. All colours are even when printed its only the edges which seem to be causing the problem. The mug press im using is an europa leisure HF2200 set at 190 degrees for 3.15 mins.

Thanks
Davy

bms
30-04-2010, 03:01 PM
Is the ink bleading at the edges of the paper? Try close cutting the paper so you have the cut edge right next to the image. Put this on the mug and wrap a plain piece of paper around the face of the mug and hold this in place with heat tape as normal. If there is a faint blead on the paper then this will get rid of it. Not sure what paper you're using, but you might need to try a different paper (e.g. Trupix).