PDA

View Full Version : the 'Best' brand of T's to stock .....

logobear
25-03-2013, 09:52 AM
we are having great debate at Logobear about the 'best' tshirt to stock........ and how to judge!
We used to love the haynes Top T - but it became very expensive and Pencarrie stopped stocking them.
So switched to the Fruit SS6 which is very ok - but george & I joke that you get 'nipple burn' when you wear them as they feel rough inside.
I was given samples of BA190 and loved the feel and wear but they are 50% more expensive so we thought we might shift to the B&C collection BA150 which is quite good on price & quality and does loads of fab colours.
HOWEAVER - when we were doing a 100 white t's with laser TTC last saturday - the BA150's had a few white specs on the printed black areas, - although the cotton feels loverly and soft, there must be some tiny speks of lint on the surface, and when you press them with ttc the spec lifts and leaves an unprinted spot.
As you know, Logobear is a retail shop, and we have to present our product face2face. Fruit is easy to sell, it is a familiar brand, though more so with 40+ ages, the main buyers - ie <40years do not have the same brand loyalties...... but in my heart, I don't like the SS6 coz of the nipple burn!
So - I thought I would ask what DyeSubForum have as their fave t-shirt?
Punters 'feel' quality and mistakenly associate thickness with quality ( thou in reality the inverse is often true)
price is a factor, lower is better.
A familiar brand is easier to sell than a random.
It is all about print quality - how the garment takes laser transferes TTC, OBM, cut vinyl, wow etc
Any thoughts?

mrs maggot
25-03-2013, 09:57 AM
Im sticking with Hanes, i have a direct account, so the fact that all the disti has stopped, works actually in my favour :)

John G
25-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Always preferred Gildan's, but do use Hanes, FOTL etc.

socialgiraffe
25-03-2013, 10:21 AM
I like SG from BTC and is one of the main reasons for SocialGiraffe. I thought that one day I may open my own line of garments and instead of getting bespoke labels I came up with a name that matches a current label :-)

That said I do think they are a nice quality and feel and at £1.47 for colours its a good price. I also like Gildans entire range and in particular their soft style ring spun tee

Earl Smith
25-03-2013, 10:37 AM
I use FOL Premium for normal t-shirts and FOL Lady-fit F288N for the girly shirts. Occasionally FOL Vneck girls with elastine.
I stay with FOL because I get so many repeat orders and the customer knows the sizes and colours in the range.
With Gildan, I found were too rough and Hanes came up smaller in size than the other marks.

mrs maggot
25-03-2013, 11:14 AM
that's so odd, Earl, one of the main reasons i dont use FOTL is because i find their ladies range are all soooooo small, and also come up short which my ladies really do not like

Social Giraffe - that made me smile

Earl Smith
25-03-2013, 11:28 AM
You are right, they are short, but so are all the others Ive tried. Which one do you use Mrs M that are a little longer?

draig
25-03-2013, 11:41 AM
I use Steadman, Gildan, and some B&C. All wash well with little or no shrinkage and shape retention is good (ie not to much twist after washing). I liked the feel and weight of Sols but when Matt bought one in Amsterdam it went out of shape and shrunk. Asked them at P&P if they had sorted this problem, and of course they said yes, still need convincing though, when the samples have been washed I'll report back.

Sharon

Dave271069
25-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Gilden for t-shirts, FOL for polos AWDis for hoodies my end.

Renniwano
25-03-2013, 01:04 PM
I use Guildan, B&C and FOTL..