PDA

View Full Version : transferring small text?

soulclaimed
27-03-2013, 11:26 PM
I have some tshirt designs that I have been asked to print however as there is small text is there a way that i can use my cutter to cut the text out and press it as my cutter will not cut it accurately if its smaller than a 50p size per letter, i have tried also using the clear sheets that are used with transferring vinyl but they are leaving a residue that doesnt come out even after washing after peeled (cooled or not).

With jet pro soft stretch on whites the white area blends well with the background so its not much issue on whites but on blacks it looks bad to have a rectangle around the text that doesnt blend well with the garment.

mrs maggot
27-03-2013, 11:37 PM
wow if your cutter wont cut text smaller than a 50p size, then that is a poor cutter, or a poor choice of font perhaps ?? i would see if anyone is willing to cut the design for you in vinyl

soulclaimed
27-03-2013, 11:43 PM
it does cut but no matter how i change the offset on my blade it doesn't cut accurately and cuts into the text in some areas and leaves the white of the transfer in others

socialgiraffe
27-03-2013, 11:54 PM
There is definitely something wrong there as even the cheap cutters should cut smaller than that.

logobear
27-03-2013, 11:58 PM
buy a new blade, and try different media.
You are getting crap performance!

soulclaimed
29-03-2013, 06:25 PM
how does one go about weeding and applying the text the transfer film im using leaves a residue and if i try to weed the text without i will damage the letters

socialgiraffe
29-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Sorry mate but I do not understand your question.

When I press garments I do the following:

Print and cut using my Versacamm (essentially this bit does not matter).
Weed out all the excess from the design
Apply the transfer film across the entire image
Peel away from the backing sheet
Position on garment and press

There is a You Tube channel from Siser which will show you the whole process. Regardless of what material you do end up using the above part will be pretty much the same

soulclaimed
29-03-2013, 07:42 PM
thats what i have tried but my transfer film leaves a residue on the shirt

Sorry mate but I do not understand your question.

When I press garments I do the following:

Print and cut using my Versacamm (essentially this bit does not matter).
Weed out all the excess from the design
Apply the transfer film across the entire image
Peel away from the backing sheet
Position on garment and press

There is a You Tube channel from Siser which will show you the whole process. Regardless of what material you do end up using the above part will be pretty much the same

socialgiraffe
29-03-2013, 09:17 PM
In that case I would change the transfer film

Use the recommended transfer film for the vinyl you are using if you can. If not try something like Siser

RogerC
29-03-2013, 10:03 PM
I had a similar problem when I first did some clothing using Siser and the matching transfer vinyl. A quick call to Grafityp and they suggested increasing the pressure. So applying what 'I thought' was heavy pressure as opposed to medium pressure voila no more residue.......so try increasing the pressure it might work for you too.

soulclaimed
29-03-2013, 11:40 PM
can anyone tell me ther laser offset and blade offset for their liyu cutter?

John G
30-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Are you using t shirt vinyl (cotton flex etc) if you are, why are you using transfer tape.?

viccar
30-03-2013, 12:08 PM
If your using normal t vinyl, then you reverse the design, cut it, weed it, leaving it on the carrier sheet then turn it over and press

viccar
30-03-2013, 12:10 PM
With jet pro soft stretch on whites the white area blends well with the background so its not much issue on whites but on blacks it looks bad to have a rectangle around the text that doesnt blend well with the garment.

Ahh, think they are using inkjet transfer and want to cut around the text

Why dont you use t shirt vinyl?

John G
30-03-2013, 12:12 PM
ahh!:redface:

soulclaimed
31-03-2013, 05:03 PM
How do I get rid of the residue after pressing