PDA

View Full Version : center art on the t-shirt - my nightmare!

Paul
03-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Hi all! normaly I dont print t-shirts but I wanted to do some now. nothing huge. just few for me and my photography club.
so here is the question...
How do you center your image/flex/flock on t-shirt? there is no problem with one off but when you need to print 10 tee's with this same designe on front,back or chest it need to be spot on in this same place. my tee's always differ :) some of them to high up adn some of them to much on the right side etc...
so how do you do that? whats the trick? I know there is thing called TEE SQUARE IT http://heatpressessentials.com/ but I wonder whats your way to do it?

thanx

Paul

Justin
03-05-2010, 07:31 PM
I bought the Tee Square it a while back and found it a waste of time (IMPO) If it's a vinyl design on a carrier I tape the transfer onto the shirt before putting it onto the press.

I'm pretty good at loading the shirt onto the press straight but just a slight variation can make the print look awful. It's all about finding out what works for you, many use the T-Square but I just couldn't get on with it. It's ok but you still need the shirt to be on the bed straight.

John G
03-05-2010, 09:41 PM
All done by eye, go off the neck of the shirt to keep it centered. To keep it running straight pull under the armpits and you'll get a visual line across the shirt. After doing this a few times you'll just guess it and you won't be far off.

R.Prints
04-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Hi Paul,
I do the same as John, I use a large ruler accross chest lined up with armpit seams, then roll it up to desired height if doing chest badges, then centre between arm seam and neck centre.
Good Luck
Ray

Flash
04-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Hands & Fingers!
Hands
Put your hands each side of the design in the press with your little fingers on the far outside of the press. I findit easier to centre this way.
Fingers
Place your neckline of your shirt just down from the top of your press place your design to be pressed on 4 finger widths down for Large & X/Large shirts & 3 Fingers down for Medium & Small shirts.
Oh......and too much vodka won't help! :lol:

Phil

jaffacat
04-05-2010, 11:09 PM
phil
quick question on large/x.large the 4 finger widths does that include your little finger? Then the 3 fingers is that your middle 3 fingers? May sound silly but could make the difference to where the top is placed at the top

Thanks lisa

Flash
04-05-2010, 11:24 PM
phil
quick question on large/x.large the 4 finger widths does that include your little finger? Then the 3 fingers is that your middle 3 fingers? May sound silly but could make the difference to where the top is placed at the top

Thanks lisa
Lisa, yes that includes the little finger as one of the four!

Phil

jaffacat
05-05-2010, 09:54 AM
fab will practise that method

Thanks lisa

bikertec
06-06-2010, 03:22 PM
I find measuring the press then fold you t shirt in half and place it halfway on the press then unfold your tshirt. If that makes sence. :|

Kaz
06-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Makes a lot of sense Mick :)

Lorcan
06-06-2010, 10:42 PM
I fold the shirt in half before putting it on the press and put a clothes peg on the halfway point of the hem. This helps me to see if the bottom of the shirt is centred. I use the label and/or neckline to centre the top and visually check the distance from the bed to each sleeve to make sure it is centred and not twisted. The up/down is easy.

bikertec
07-06-2010, 08:05 PM
I fold the shirt in half before putting it on the press and put a clothes peg on the halfway point of the hem. This helps me to see if the bottom of the shirt is centred. I use the label and/or neckline to centre the top and visually check the distance from the bed to each sleeve to make sure it is centred and not twisted. The up/down is easy.Thats what I was trying to describe. :oops: