PDA

View Full Version : swing away

bigj2552
06-04-2013, 01:41 PM
the one bought from BMS last yr - great little press.

but.........

when i,m doing a large run of cases, i keep having to switch it off by the main switch at the side then back on again for the next run.

there is a little button next to the main on/off switch, but it never worked from day one, and i always used the on/off switch. - Thats fine for the odd case here n there, but its getting slightly busier and i was wondering how to leave the press ON without the bloody thing beep beep beeping all the time till i,m ready with next lot :confused:
what was the little button for, it for can anyone tell me ?

Paul
06-04-2013, 02:41 PM
small red button is to start your countdown :) so if is bipping all the time i take it as is pressed for good :)
you can ask BMS to fix it for you or you can disconnect the little speaker inside.

bigj2552
06-04-2013, 03:18 PM
small red button is to start your countdown :) so if is bipping all the time i take it as is pressed for good :)
you can ask BMS to fix it for you or you can disconnect the little speaker inside.

hi paul

its a small black button next to main on/off switch and its knackered from day one ! - just wondered what it was for

bms
06-04-2013, 04:01 PM
hi paul

its a small black button next to main on/off switch and its knackered from day one ! - just wondered what it was for

The black button holds a fuse inside. It's not "knackered" if the press is working fine. It's a safety mechanism and in normal use would not need to be touched.

bigj2552
06-04-2013, 04:28 PM
The black button holds a fuse inside. It's not "knackered" if the press is working fine. It's a safety mechanism and in normal use would not need to be touched.

cheers martin - wee press working great indeed :wink: just always wondered what that was for.

so what the press's you can get that you press a button and it leaves press on while you change products to be pressed, as in without switching off the mains switch on the press every time you do a run of cases ect ? - like a thermostat on it or something - is there such a thing :confused: