PDA

View Full Version : MH721 Cutter - Coreldraw

Justin
08-04-2013, 09:26 PM
When I first got my cutter I managed to get it working direct from CorelDraw, can't for the life of me remember how!

I think I need a plug in and having searched high and low looks like US Cutters may have had one.

Anyone use a similar machine through CDraw? or at least have any ideas on this!

Paul
08-04-2013, 09:35 PM
i remember i used my (i think we got this same machine) straight via corel. but this was installed as a printer so you cut to the printer. not very comfortable way of working with vinyl but it worked. also some people used roland corel plug in. i never tried that thou.

Justin
08-04-2013, 09:39 PM
I used to do this on my old Roland and it was every effective, I know I did the same with this cutter...I think it was as you say, treating it as printer.

mrs maggot
09-04-2013, 07:23 AM
never been able to do it, still export mine to SB and use that to cut, would be much easier to do it in one

Earl Smith
09-04-2013, 09:38 AM
http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/30456-cutting-directly-from-coreldraw/

Hi Justin. You might have seen this forum on the uscutter website. Maybe , if this post doesnt help, you could ask on there.

I have a Roland cutter. The driver disc that came with it had the plug in on it. Are you sure its not hidden somewhere on your disk?

Edit;
The Roland cutter also came with its own cutting program and the plug in is for this. If there is no cutting program for your cutter then you dont need a plug in.

This is from the uscutter forum.......

Hello friends, I will say you few tricks to cut directly from COREL DRAW:
- Connect the cutter to the computer with the USB cable.

- install USCutter drivers.

- Draw the design in lines in COREL DRAW..

- Before sending to cut the design. you need to select all lines of the design and apply to the value of 0.004mm to all lines of draw. using the OUTLINE PEN TOOL. (Never forget to do this).

- Send the print design and select the cutter USCutter SERIES in the printer list. NOTE: If the design is very long (over 2 meters) then select the PREFERENCES option and then the ADVANCED option in printer windows. There, you should PAPER SIZE option USER SELECT 1300 x 8000mm.

-Send to PRINT (CUT).

Justin
10-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Just trying a few of these ideas, cheers. No joy yet but will keep trying. Can't get on with Easy Cut that came with it and Flexi Sign won't install for some strange reason. If I can't get it to cut direct from CDraw...anyone recommend any decent, easy to use cutting software?

Justin
10-04-2013, 08:19 PM
So it looks like the Graphtec CE1000-60 driver will run this through CDraw if set up as a printer. this must be how I did it when I first got the cutter. The install instructions mention a floppy drive...jees can't remember that! lol

Justin
11-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Just downloaded SignGo Lite and initial thoughts are that it's very impressive, easy enough to use and had pretty much every cutter available to choose from I could think of...even mine!

Now the bloody cutter is playing up and not feeding vinyl through properly :-( May have to bite the bullet and spend to get a better one again.

Justin
11-04-2013, 04:46 PM
So the missus casually walks in whilst I'm justifying a new cutter to myself...."Can't you adjust the rollers on the vinyl?" I reply......"Of course I...." oh yes, I can adjust the springs! lol, I don't go around that side very often ;-) So I adjust the springs and so far so good! lol.

Justin
21-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Quick update to this thread.

Huge thank you to Simon (ssp) for sending me a couple of files I had missing on my driver CD. I've now got my MH721 working directly through CorelDraw! Yippee! What a huge benefit this is. Pretty straightforward to set up (once you have the files!) so if anyone needs a hand send me a PM.

Big thanks again to Simon :-)

mrs maggot
29-04-2013, 09:34 AM
justin, are they these files ?? http://www.pcut-cn.com/en/support/?type=14 there is a plug in on the creation site for corel draw

Justin
29-04-2013, 06:14 PM
No it's a different one, I'll have a play with that one as well :-)