PDA

View Full Version : Which would you recommend swing press

jennywren
09-04-2013, 01:57 PM
I am thinking about a new swing press. but have had a look at various suppliers at theirs but can't make my mind up. it needs to easy to operate and easy to judge pressure, any suggest out there.

Justin
09-04-2013, 02:03 PM
I've always got on very well with the Adkins personally. If I was looking to buy at the moment and had the budget, I'd like to have a go with a Hotronix from Target Transfers.

Coincidentally, I've heard of a 6 year old Adkins for sale locally to me which is unusually, I thought about getting it as a backup press but can't really justify it. Shipping from here is very expensive though so might not be an option for you.

Which have you been looking at? Do you have a budget?

jennywren
09-04-2013, 02:25 PM
I'll take a look, but there is no budget, I've been looking at the magic touch ones

Justin
09-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Magic Touch do stock the Adkins. If you speak to Target Transfers ask for Heather Robertson, tell her Justin says she'll do you a good deal :-)

logobear
09-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Adkins, - resold by TMT and Xpress, accurate, reliable, and rock solid, I have one that is 20 yrs old!

Hyraxx
09-04-2013, 04:50 PM
We moved away from adkins at the start of the year to Hotronix Fusions and have not looked back since, either company makes great presses just really comes down to budget and what you need from a press.

Justin
09-04-2013, 04:51 PM
The fusions look excellent. Heather often calls me to see if I'm going to buy one....not just yet I always say! I prefer the older Adkins as they were better built imo but the newer ones seem ok.

Hyraxx
09-04-2013, 05:01 PM
fusions are more high tech glitz where adkins are low tech but battle field ready. The fusion equipped with a caddie makes fast work when working with tees, the other nice feature is pre settings which can save a lot of time and makes it almost fool proof for a co worker to use when hes a little hung over from a sunday shandy.

I'm going to try and get an air fusion ordered backend of May to show the bosses how much more productive we can be with one.

MugNewbie
09-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Hi Jenny, we've just got an Atkins and are really pleased with it - very sturdy beast! My only (little) gripe is there are no markings on the pressure knob and as a newbie it is taking a while to get used to the 'feel' of it. Also using a bit of sticky tape as a marking! Though, I guess after a while it'll be second nature :smile:

pisquee
09-04-2013, 05:41 PM
We've used Adkins, Instas and Jarins, and prefer PressMech. When the element went on the PressMech, ad I was waiting for the new one to come so I could fit it, I wasn't happy going back to a Jarin or Adkins/Insta

Justin
09-04-2013, 05:46 PM
The PressMech look brilliant and are built in the UK. I've tried contacting them a number of times but never get a response. We were supposed to get a test press to have a play with so that I could report back here but it never happened.

jennywren
09-04-2013, 08:19 PM
I watched the video for the Fusion and must say it look very impressive but at 1500 with vat then pp, My price point would have been 1000, but that's not to say I can't save for it, still not in a great rush at the moment as I've just had a big spend. Just going to read about pressmech

Justin
09-04-2013, 08:20 PM
But you told us you had no budget! lol. Oh, you mean't you have 'no' budget? ;-)

Hyraxx
09-04-2013, 09:30 PM
The auto open sprits are a good option too, as they have a digital pressure readout.

jennywren
09-04-2013, 09:59 PM
The auto open sprits are a good option too, as they have a digital pressure readout.
are you talking about the Hotronix Fusions, I really love it, keep watching the video