PDA

View Full Version : cutter arrived and set up.. after fix!

ssp
16-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Well the cutter arrived today, had to wait until i got home to set it up. Got the legs put together and sat the cutter on top. First thing i had to do was cut two large cable ties from around the head assy. After doing this i noticed that the head was a little low, now i remember while reading various threads on this cutter all over the net how many people had them delivered with the head out of the runners. Lo and behold the bottom two runner wheels were not in their correct tracks. A little research on how to pus the to bearing down and then push it in and all is fine.

The drivers installed into win7 effortlessly and using signcut pro i set it to the uscutter mh721 and the correct com port and did a test with the plotter pen. All is well!! worked stright off the bat.

I then loaded a small vector in and set it to cut, it plotted it fine. Then some text.. ok it was fine but there is a little jaggedness to the plot, some thing i need to look into.

Tomorrow i need to do a print onto some dark transfer paper with regmarks and then do a cut.

Question i have at the moment is: I have some dark transfer paper with the film/vinyl like coating from signcutz on ebay, i have tried it out and its ok, however i am not sure on the cut pressure, any suggestions?
Thanks.

Justin
16-04-2013, 08:54 PM
I don't suppose they sent you details of printing direct from Coreldraw did they? Is the the MH721 you have?

ssp
17-04-2013, 01:12 AM
I don't suppose they sent you details of printing direct from Coreldraw did they? Is the the MH721 you have?

hi justin, there is a corel draw folder in the disc, i think it relates to that. i can zip it up and email it you if its any help, or i can just duplicate the disc and send it you. its just drivers etc no actual software so no issue relating to copying it and the files on it. its a small cdr anyway that they made before sending it me.

its not a problem.

Justin
17-04-2013, 02:01 PM
If its not a huge file I'd appreciate it thank you. Either email/upload a zip file, whatever suits you :-)