PDA

View Full Version : Accessories for Vinyl T Shirt printing

mikeoooze
25-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Can anyone advise me what additional accessories I would need to print Vinyl Flex to T Shirts once I have bought the heat press. Do I need a teflon sheet? Can anyone recommend a good vinyl flex? There seem to be many suppliers out there. I have been looking at this one: http://www.mdpsupplies.co.uk/hotflex.asp
Thanks, Mike.

viccar
25-04-2013, 09:34 PM
I use MDP good in my opinion, yes Teflon sheet will be needed for re pressing. (is wondering why my enter button dosnt work anymore).

arko
25-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Hi Mike. I take it that you already have either pre-cut designs or your own cutter? (Not really an accessory, just thought I'd ask. ) Also, do you have a tool to weed out your designs? As viccar mentioned, you will need a Teflon sheet to re-press the image. Although, you can also purchase a Teflon blanket that wraps onto the heat plate (saves placing it on the garment each time.)

mikeoooze
25-04-2013, 09:57 PM
Thanks guys. I am about to purchase a cutter as well as heat press....will be printing my own designs. :eek:

Printcess Jen
03-06-2013, 04:23 PM
A good starter cutter would be the SIlhouette cameo, from personal experience, i find it easy to use, the software is great and it is a good size to start with, perfect for tshirts. Costs around £240, some place cheaper, some slightly more, shop around.

Target transfer are good for vinyl and effects vinyl ie glitter however I also like 123 Flex by MagicCut (Magic Touch) which is a 3 sec press and fantastic weeding and washing quality, however these are not printable, just the colours

Hope that helps :-)

spongerobinson
03-06-2013, 08:24 PM
been using the MDP Hot Flex myself for the past few months...haven't had any problems with it at all, and very happy with the quality.

GoldRapt
03-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Anyone tried inkjet garment films from MDP at all please, it it any good, sustainable as a product etc?

zai2289
05-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Agree MDP are great - also a wonderful place to buy your sign vinyls from