PDA

View Full Version : How do you take your photos.

dazzul
27-04-2013, 10:40 PM
Hello All!

I was just wondering how you photograph your items, i was looking at getting the item below to save my dodgy rug or kitchen side showing on my photos. I did hear once a bath is quite good but my baths pinky, not white.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-Camera-Photo-Studio-KIT-TENT-LIGHT-BOX-TRIPOD-/320638084872?pt=UK_Photography_StudioEquipment_RL&hash=item4aa784e708

What you all think? ever used such kit?

Daz

Paul
27-04-2013, 10:56 PM
waste of time without a camera with manual settings. as you need to know how to take a photo to overexpose white. Any way... white is not fashionable any more and you beter off to arrange some nice looking rug and natural background and then take nice picture. easier then laboratory clean, white photos.

pisquee
27-04-2013, 11:48 PM
We use a couple of photo tents one like that, and another bigger one. Have replaced the tripod thing that came with the kit, as it wasn't strong enough to take our DSLR, with a full sized tripod, and also use a manual shutter release.
It depends on the market you are selling to as to whether "white cut-out" shots are what are appropriate, or "style" shots.
We use both, but find doing white cut outs quicker and easier than arranging up a room set or hiring a model

Justin
27-04-2013, 11:53 PM
I had a little setup like that but my photography skills are zero so I got rid.

Paul
28-04-2013, 01:03 AM
i got tent like this. no those lights thou. they would be useless for 99% of people. light would NOT be bright enough to give you white background. it will be grey or orange if WB set wrong.
I use 300Ws light for background to make it clean white. sometimes flash gun if cant be assed to set up :)

dazzul
28-04-2013, 04:39 AM
Ahh i see, thats for your input once i get everything ill take some photos of goods, £29.99 off my wish list now :)

pisquee
28-04-2013, 12:07 PM
We use those little lights, although I swapped the bulbs for very bright LED based ones, as the halogens got too hot, used too much electric, and blew too easily.
We use a Canon EOS D400, and can manually set everything needed. Have a fixed 50mm lens for this work, and that camera doesn't really get used for anything else, so it pretty much stays set for white background product shots. The other D400 has a different lens for other work

For the bigger tent, we tend to use this outside when its sunny, as the little lights for the small tent aren't big enough - we will be buying bigger lights for this one though too.