PDA

View Full Version : Window Cling

fr3spirit
06-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Any tips, suppliers appreciated.
Whats the life span of inkjet or dye sub window cling item?
Thanks in advance
Andy

NASH
06-05-2010, 05:16 PM
here you go

http://www.thetransferpress.co.uk/acata ... cling.html (http://www.thetransferpress.co.uk/acatalog/window-cling.html)

accdave
06-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Doesn't matter what you print with, you don't print on the cling itself.

R.Prints
06-05-2010, 07:01 PM
I use window film from Staples, you print directly onto it then cut to size.

bms
06-05-2010, 07:24 PM
There's a few options here. We have laser cling which you print directly onto. We back this with ordinary white vinyl and then cut to size (e.g. with the Craft Robo). There is/ was a material called crystal mates which was also clear cling material but for sublimation (I think this has now been withdrawn by the main European distributor, but I may be mistaken).

TransferGraeme
06-05-2010, 11:02 PM
We have Crystal Mates back in stock - only came in yesterday so the note currently on our website is out of date and will be revised in the morning. The window cling Nash mentioned is another option - give me a call or PM me and I'll do my best to advise which will be the best option for your particular needs!

chongsta
07-05-2010, 11:49 PM
Whats the life span of inkjet or dye sub window cling item?

Depends on if your inks support UV resistance! If not then you're looking at about 1 - 2 years with intermittent sunlight (4-5 hours a day). If you have direct sunlight then 6 months max before it serioulsly fades and vanishes :( .

ummm you are talking about 'static cling' vinyl yes? The kind that just sticks to glass and most surfaces? (I hope you are or ive just answered a totally wrong question lol)

--

*cough*...i have about 30 metres of this stuff that i incorrectly ordered one time and the company wouldnt take it back. its at 762mm (30") width and is for any digital printer like roland, mutoh etc etc.

offers...?

Dave

fr3spirit
08-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Dave...30 unreturnable mtrs ouch that must have hurt!
Yes the static cling was what I was interested in (sorry can't justify 30mtrs :P ) is it laser printable?

I've seen the one where you print your art on paper, cut, put on a backing, cut, put on a protective front, peel off front then apply...seems like a lot of fart arsing around to me...maybe I am missreading the instructions?

Thanks to everyone else who answered with suggestions.

Andy

draig
18-05-2010, 07:59 PM
There's a few options here. We have laser cling which you print directly onto. .

Had some samples of the laser cling, and can happily say they will work through my old but reliable Konica Minolta. Need to be put through as Thick Stock for the toner to fuse correctly. All in all quite a happy bunny.

Sharon

chongsta
20-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Dave...30 unreturnable mtrs ouch that must have hurt!
Yes the static cling was what I was interested in (sorry can't justify 30mtrs :P ) is it laser printable?

I've seen the one where you print your art on paper, cut, put on a backing, cut, put on a protective front, peel off front then apply...seems like a lot of fart arsing around to me...maybe I am missreading the instructions?

Thanks to everyone else who answered with suggestions.

Andy

yup...30mtrs aint good :(

Its not lazer printable no. its for inkjet printers like the names i mentioned.

However, im looking to offload it some way! i could print your designs for you if thats of any interest? Im sure we could work a deal. Rememeber i can do upto 762mm wide by any length (lol..upto 30 mtrs!)

PM if you're up for something?!

cheers
Dave.