PDA

View Full Version : Phone case templates

Pauly
02-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Hi Guys, need some help with some phone case templates for photoshop. I have tried to design my own on photoshop and although the i phones are quite easy to do i am having trouble with the following-
Galaxy Note 2
I pod 4 and 5
Samsung i9250 Nexus
I pad mini

I find it easy if the case has only a couple of holes but i am driving myself mad when trying to measure the blank and transferring it to photoshop. I am fairly new to photoshop but know the basics. Is there an easy way of designing your own or can anyone recommend somewhere i could download them? ( i would prefer to know how to design my own as i do not like not knowing how to do something yourself!)
Any help would be grateful.

Paul
02-05-2013, 09:01 PM
ipad mini, iphones and some others there: http://www.pressiton.co.uk/freebies-.html
rest of them can be traced.

Pauly
02-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the reply. Excuse my lack of knowledge but how do you trace them, i have taken a couple of photoshop lessons but have not come across this.

Paul
02-05-2013, 10:18 PM
the easiest way for me is to scan it and convert to correct layers in photoshop or trace it in corel/illustrator/inkscape.

Pauly
02-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Many thanks for your advice. I will do an internet search for tracing things in photoshop. I pressume you scan the metal insert and then open it in photoshop and trace around it.

Paul
02-05-2013, 10:49 PM
yes, thats it :)