PDA

View Full Version : 1400 Problem..?

Glen
07-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Strange problem and just started out of the blue..as soon as i start a print it misses a couple of colours for the first half inch or so then prints fine..so i have to stop the print and start again..ok when running of a few prints but if left for 10-15mins it starts again..using refill carts .. do you think i could be loosing the vacum in some of the carts somewhere..?

bms
07-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Sounds like the ink is somehow not at the printhead when you start to print - could be a loose cartridge or vacuum related. Try a nozzle check first?

Glen
07-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Sounds like the ink is somehow not at the printhead when you start to print - could be a loose cartridge or vacuum related. Try a nozzle check first?

Tried that Martin and all fine .. think it is vacum..maybe a cart has gone faulty .?

Justin
07-05-2010, 09:00 PM
I had this same problem with refil. carts, changed the relavant cart and all was ok. Seems to be different qualities of refil cart and you have to get a good one ;)

Glen
11-05-2010, 01:18 PM
I had this same problem with refil. carts, changed the relavant cart and all was ok. Seems to be different qualities of refil cart and you have to get a good one ;)

It was the black that was messing about so changed that one it printed fine for a couple of sheets and has started again..Anyone got a clue as am beat.. :roll:

bms
11-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Is it the black cartridge only? If it worked fine to start with and then has stopped printing black I would suggest it's the cartridge. Do you have your original genuine Epson carts that came with the printer? If so then put them in. Does the problem re-occur? If not then it points to the second black refill cartridge at fault.