PDA

View Full Version : Good evening all

Rob86
08-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Hi there,
My name is Rob and I am a law student. So, you're probabaly thinking... what on earth are you doin here then mate!!!

Well, I came across personalised mugs recently for the first time, and thought to myself, what a grand idea that is. So, I looked into the whole process and found it quite interesting. After doing some research, I bought a mug press, a printer, and coreldraw. So now all I need is some mugs, sublimation paper, and heat tape, and hopefully im ready to go.

I'm quite nervous because I dont know how to use coreldraw, and have not set up the ciss system yet :S

Anyway, that's the situation I'm in at the moment. But I have always said, nothing ventured is nothing gained, and I'm sure I will learn alot via all you great people, and through experience.

As a person I am confident, approachable, and love havin a laugh, as we say in yorkshire.

Anyway, I'm just going to browse the forum, and hopefully even submit my first proper post. Thank you all for reading.

Kind regards :P

Rob

Kaz
08-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Hi Rob

Welcome on board :)

You'll find lot's of great advice on here.

Justin
08-05-2010, 11:56 PM
Hi Rob,

Welcome to the forum! I think you'll find everything you need here, if not just shout ;)

Cheers for now,
Justin

Rob86
09-05-2010, 12:31 AM
Cheers Kaz and Justin,
Thank you for the welcome. I look forward to using the forum.

Regards,

Rob

bms
09-05-2010, 08:47 AM
Hi Rob, it's not as daunting as you might think - once you master the basics ;)

Paul
09-05-2010, 11:47 AM
After doing some research, I bought a mug press, a printer, and coreldraw. So now all I need is some mugs, sublimation paper, and heat tape, and hopefully im ready to go.
dont forget about sublimation ink mate! have you got it yet? you wont get far with out it :)

bte... welcome on forum :D

TransferGraeme
09-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Hello and welcome!

Rob86
09-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Hi everybody,
Thank you all for your replies :D

@Paul... cheers mate, yes I do have sublimation ink. Haven't got a clue on how to use coreldraw yet though, that's the most daunting thing about it. I'm going to try to start by doing some very basic mugs, consisting of one image, and some basic text, and then try out new things after that.

Thanks again to everyone.

Regards

Rob

Paul
09-05-2010, 03:04 PM
I am not corel guru but If you need any help with basic I am sure I will be able to help you.

PhoenixRisen
13-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Hi Rob - Welcome

Mal

Rob86
18-05-2010, 11:10 PM
@paul: thanks alot paul, much appreciated. Sorry for the late reply, I have been very busy with work, no rest for the wicked eh. Can you tell me how I create a basic template for one mug on coreldraw, and then add pics and txt. Also, does an image have to be mirrored when I print it out?

@mal: Thank you for the welcome, it is much appreciated :mrgreen:

Kaz
18-05-2010, 11:51 PM
Hi Rob, it doesn't have to be, unless you have text on ;)

bms
19-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Hi Rob, it doesn't have to be, unless you have text on
Of course if you don't mirror it then the image will be the wrong way round when it's put on a mug ;)

Kaz
19-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Ah but Martin, how will someone know if it's the wrong way round, unless it's a personalised item that they have supplied the image for :P

bms
19-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Ah but Martin, how will someone know if it's the wrong way round, unless it's a personalised item that they have supplied the image for
Quite true! How many times have we tried to get away with that excuse :)

Kaz
19-05-2010, 09:50 PM
The other thing that springs to mind is the Leaning Tower of Pisa, you would need to mirror that :lol:

bms
19-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Leaning Tower of Pisa
Depends which side you took the photo from! This thread could go on for years...

Jase
20-05-2010, 12:37 AM
Hello and welcome Rob, I like you was a total newbie to Coreldraw, however I invested in the book the offical guide to Coreldraw it was well worth the money, no point spending a load of money on professional software and and not know how to use it.