PDA

View Full Version : Ink Jet for Dark Garments frm Yolo dont stick firmly

Ravisteam
20-05-2013, 11:23 AM
Ive done some transfers using Yolo Jet Opaque II on some of Dark cotton T-shirts .All the time the edgers seems to be not stuck to the t-shirt properly ..!!!
It seems like you peel it off by the edges but rest of the transfer is firm and wont come off easily..I am I doing it wrong ???> .Please help me how can do it correctly ???>

NASH
20-05-2013, 11:40 AM
i normally pre-press the garment to remove moisture then press with firm pressure, remove silicon paper then stretch the garment both ways diagonally and horizontally and press again for 5 seconds. Never had any problems doing it this way

Ravisteam
20-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Thanks for your quick reply Nash ..Ill try it today and post the results ...Cheers

Paul
20-05-2013, 12:14 PM
I do same as nash. But i always wait few seconds before i peel the silicon paper.

soulclaimed
28-05-2013, 11:43 PM
i had the same issue with the dark transfers from xpres theyre awful to use, when you peel it off the backing sheet the edges roll up so if youre doing a photo print you have no chance of straight edges and they dont stick down, 3g jet opaque is good though but its a bit plasticy on the shirt...

NASH
29-05-2013, 10:54 AM
i lay my transfer on a A3 hardboard away from the press with a silicon sheet on top and stick down with heat tape on all four sides and then take the board to the heat press and the gently slide the board away and then press

mrs maggot
30-05-2013, 12:34 AM
soulclaimed, use the vinyl backing sheet from some sticky vinyl and simply stick to it BEFORE you peel the backing off, or use some of the vinyl carrier sheet that is sold, i save my sticky vinyl backing for using for this - works a treat

soulclaimed
30-05-2013, 09:58 PM
mrs maggot you are everywhere lol and as always super helpful :)