PDA

View Full Version : total newbie

Nikki Clarke
09-05-2010, 01:17 PM
I have a watersports business and take photos of the different activities and I was thinking of adding t-shirts with photos on.
Is sublimation the best way of doing this? Which kind of printer will be most suitable and what are the best consumables to use?
I have been on loads of different sites and there seems to be quite a bit to choose from, but not sure where to start. Primarily focusing on the kiddie market, dont want to be limited to A4 and then in 6 months wishing I had got something bigger.
I would welcome any advice.
Nikki

bms
09-05-2010, 02:15 PM
If you're considering A3 then perhaps the best value printer for sublimation work is the B1100. Sublimation ink transfer is the most versatile in the custom printing market. There is laser printing as well, but this sticks to the outside of the t-shirt rather than infusing the inks into the material. The end result is better with sublimation than laser, IMO.

You'd probably be best to try to see if there are any suppliers in Spain (or France) that do sublimation printables as the transportation costs might be lower. As a guide, you'll probably pay around £35 inc vat for up to 30kg of goods to be delivered to Spain from the UK. If you're VAT registered then it will be a little cheaper.

There's a thread on the forum about child t-shirts so have a look at this:
http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=763&hilit=kids