PDA

View Full Version : Metaza Photo Engravers

Justin
11-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Anyone use one of these? Something I've looked at many times over the years and may have a good outlet. Would be interested to hear your feedback.

Andrew
12-05-2010, 10:15 AM
I looked into them a few years back and didn't find rhe quality of finish very good. You could basically scrape of the image that was created with your nail.

AJLA
13-05-2010, 10:35 AM
I agree with Andrew and also looked into these as they were exhibiting next to us at the NEC my initial impression was "wow" but when we got home I was a bit dissappointed as the image was quite faint and not too impressive. Maybe it has improved or it wasn't as good as it was a quick rush demo in the show with lots of people waiting for a sample, don't know. They did appear to be doing well with a few orders so there must be someone out there with better feedback?

Justin
13-05-2010, 09:03 PM
I did wonder about the quality, to get that level of photo in engraving Ican see why it would be done just on the surface.

When I looked at the machines a few years back they were quite slow but I believe speed has been increased on newer models.

Other thing I noticed was that fingerprints showed up very badly, I hear they've had a lot of complaints from tarnishing and have released better materials to engrave onto.