PDA

View Full Version : I don't do politics, but

Kaz
11-05-2010, 09:53 PM
what do you all think of this evenings news? Good or bad for the country?

bms
11-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Glad a decision's been made. I doubt we'll know if it's good or bad until we know the hybrid policies that will emerge, but IMO I think the worst is yet to come if the politicians don't get the difficult job of balancing the economy and reducing our deficit right. Until the emergency budget is worked through I think we'll all be left wondering...

John G
12-05-2010, 12:54 AM
It wouldn't matter which party was in power, the country is bankrupt, I can see alot of high taxes and penny pinching in the years to come - whichever party held the reigns.

I'm self employed, for the last 7 years, and the last year and a half have been the hardest yet. We are way off coming out of recession, whatever the spin doctors have us believe.

We don't make or build anything anymore, and thats the reason why this recession will linger on and on - just look at all the things we print -they are all either manufactered, or coated, in the far east.

This recession will still be hanging over our heads in 5, maybe 10 years to come. The sooner the politicians learn that we don't believe the spin, the sooner they'll get their fingers out of their own arses and start seeing the real world.

Right, stepped off the soap box and put my pint down - you know, the pint thats just cost me £2.95 :shock: in my local.

Cheers John

Glen
12-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Totally agree John..What has this country come to as you said when you can buy from the far east and get it shipped here cheaper than you can buy it 10 miles down the road. :? Doesn't make alot of sense.. :roll:

Andrew
12-05-2010, 10:27 AM
The problem with regular manufaturing over here is that there are now few restrictions on import limits from the far east. In past years many items like ceramics had quotas to limit the amount brought in. With our minimum wage system we can't compete and the Green party wanted to give that a big increase as well. Our only option for manufacturing is the highly skilled area which we need to invest in much like what has got Germany through.

Don't envy the job the tories have got even though I hate some of the old school type mp's they have.

Paul
12-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Right, stepped off the soap box and put my pint down - you know, the pint thats just cost me £2.95 :shock: in my local.

Cheers John
thats not to bad John! not at all! pint of bud in my pub is £3.20 :o

John G
12-05-2010, 05:48 PM
At £3.20 i'd go T total. ;)