PDA

View Full Version : peppering around image

Chas
12-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Hi there I was wondering if anyone knew what causes a peppering effect around the image or font when i print, I have a epson stylus d88 sub printer with bulk tank. and notice this on my template and when i heat press it does come off on the product please can someone help!!

Andrew
12-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Sounds a bit like the nozzles are creating bit of a spray. Have you done a decent clean? If it were just happening very close to the printed image it could also be the height of the nozzle which has fine adjustment when picking paper settings.

Paul
12-05-2010, 09:03 PM
do you mean small, verry small dots?? more visible when printed on blank? if so there is bad news for you :( D88 never resolved issue :(

bms
12-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Agree with Andrew, sounds like the nozzles aren't firing properly and need cleaning.

Chas
12-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Hi guys thanks for getting back to me, yes the problem is just arount the edge of what ever i am printing and is like a fine spray sometimes worse than others! I did wonder if I needed to do a clean of the nozzles!! I did look into it earlier but didnt seem to be able to get the printer to do a nozzle clean !! I asked the printer to but nothing seened to happen!!! I dont alter the paper setting it is just set to epson matt for whatever i am printing I hope this is right!!

bms
12-05-2010, 10:55 PM
You need to go into the maintenance section of the printer (within the control panel) and do the nozzle check and head cleaning.

Chas
12-05-2010, 11:53 PM
Thanks martin i will try again tomorrow, I did go into that as you said it came up with a page with nozzle check print allignment, and such i did ask it to do the check but it didnt actually perform the check or clean!! the jobs just sat in my print que!!!! but i will try again and let you know xx