PDA

View Full Version : Advice on where to start pretty please :-)

joeyr69
03-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Hi All,
I am just after a bit of advice from you lovely people :tongue:

I have been doing dye sub for a while now and doing very well although enquiries for dark items are becoming daily now and I hate to turn the business away so I have decided into expanding into vinyl printing. My designs are usually multi colour so what I am asking is... Where to start and what to buy?

I looked down the DTG Route although I don't really want to shell out that much, I also bought the bms dark transfer dye sub paper and didn't get on with it so that is not a long term option.

All my work is design in photoshop so I will need machines that are compatible with that.

I was considering a Cameo but would like to know how easy is it for beginner to layer multi colour vinyl designs?
Is this capable of wall art also?
Can I buy special printable vinyl for the odd complex design / logo, then cut it with the cameo?

Thanks in advance :-)

JR

Paul
03-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Oki white transfers. Full color for good price.

logobear
03-07-2013, 12:56 PM
your design skills will probably always exceed your creation skills, multi layer vinyl is not ideal....... very time consuming

Dave271069
03-07-2013, 07:20 PM
BN-20 PRINT AND CUT ;-)
or oki laser printers and laser paper are a cheaper option.

joeyr69
08-07-2013, 10:37 AM
BN-20 PRINT AND CUT ;-)
or oki laser printers and laser paper are a cheaper option.

If I had that money I would probably go down the dtg route :-)

No other advice on where to get started? The money is starting to burn a hole in my pocket!

mrs maggot
09-07-2013, 11:06 AM
joey have you had a good read through the cutter section ? its also an idea to say what your overall budget is, then perhaps a trip to xpress or target or the magic touch all will walk you through vinyl cutters and what you get for your money. personally now i would not buy without trying, unless i was buying one of the cheaper chinese (no matter who's name is on them) cutters, then just say i can spend xxx so i am having this one, grafytip will also be worth a look