PDA

View Full Version : GOOGLE AD WORDS

AJLA
14-05-2010, 09:37 AM
I am sure we have discussed this somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

I have received a £50.00 voucher for free advertising, clicks or whatever you call it with no obligation to continue once the voucher is used/no commitment.

Has anyone received or used one of these?

bms
14-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Yes we've had them in the past and all worked well. Okay if your already using Adwords advertising, but be careful about setting a spend limit as the costs can rise quickly once the first £50 has gone!

AJLA
14-05-2010, 01:55 PM
No i'm not using it Martin, I did look into into some time ago but ended up not doing it.

With the £50.00 voucher I was thinking of say setting a .25p pay per click (or is this ridiculous?) and then stopping it all when the credit has run out, maybe they make this difficult??

The wording is "no minimum term or commitment. Once you've used the voucher, you're under no obligation to continue"

Is there possibly something in the small print somewhere?

Reg
14-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Hi I've just received a voucher for £75 to use before the 31st May or it drops to £50 till the 30th June I can't see a catch so I'm considering giving it a go Reg

AJLA
14-05-2010, 03:26 PM
HEY Thats favouritism ;) I think I will too but next week now.. I'll check in with you reg to see how you got on.

YOU THINK THERE'S NO CATCH THEN?

AJLA
20-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Did you do the google ad words Reg?

Reg
20-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Hi Mandy
I haven't done it yet as I'm building a new website and decided to start with the new site however I've registered with google the only thing I noticed that they didn't tell you in the offer is there is a 5 pound activation fee. I hope to get it sorted by the end of the month before the amount of my offer drops in value.
Reg

JSR
25-05-2010, 12:18 AM
I've use Adwords and occasionally receive a similar "voucher" - but the smallprint always says "for new customers only".

So much for customer loyalty.

bms
25-05-2010, 12:20 PM
for new customers only
Create a new account - it's only an email address and take advantage of the offer...

JSR
25-05-2010, 12:51 PM
for new customers only
Create a new account - it's only an email address and take advantage of the offer...
Won't they know I'm advertising the same website?

bms
25-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Won't they know I'm advertising the same website
How would they? This is all pretty much automated and "a friend of mine" (nudge nudge wink wink) managed to do this ;)

JSR
25-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Won't they know I'm advertising the same website
How would they? This is all pretty much automated and "a friend of mine" (nudge nudge wink wink) managed to do this ;)
Hmm, I might give it a go when I next get a voucher... ;)