PDA

View Full Version : Ramtin, Redsail, MH 721 Opinions please

crystaluk
05-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Choice of the above 3 which would you choose? I'm on a budget so its these to choose from, mostly will be doing wall Art and Tshirt vinyl

Justin
05-07-2013, 09:59 PM
I 'had' the MH721 until it died. I know other members get on fine with them but for me at least I won't buy anything less than a Roland or Graphtec this next time.

ssp
05-07-2013, 11:42 PM
I have the mh721, working great for me and a cheap buy too. Not too much to spend if you decide its not for you. If you do get it let us know as the main head is always shipped off its runners, its easy to put back in as the upper roller is on a sprung arm that justs pushes down with a little force and then you push it into the guide.

dazzul
06-07-2013, 02:01 AM
Go back a few years and if i could afford a roland i would have had one, but i have a Refine MH721 which has been used week in week out and hardly ever brings up a problem. My only recommondation would be to always use a serial connection where available :) Good luck

Dave271069
06-07-2013, 10:13 AM
I have a refine here in the house for sale. Needs collecting from south wales. Its on a stand works all fine good condition but has a power cable but needs cables to connect to pc which can be bought from refine suppliers for about 20-30 pound. I want £80 no offers but needs collection as I can not pack.

Dave271069
06-07-2013, 10:14 AM
I have a refine here in the house for sale. Needs collecting from south wales. on a stand works all fine good condition but has a power cable but needs cables to connect to pc which can be bought from refine suppliers for about 20-30 pound. I want £80 no offers but needs collection as I can not pack.

crystaluk
06-07-2013, 12:41 PM
Thanks so much guys! Great info to look into. Alot of support available for the refine too. Thanks for your offer Dave but I'm too far to collect!

tlworkwear
06-07-2013, 03:28 PM
I would have been so interested in that cutter dave if you didnt live so far away! Shame as been looking for a larger cutter :(

arko
08-07-2013, 10:21 AM
I have the Ramtin 28" cutter and works a treat. Dave271069 has the Refine but his and mine look identical... also Daves cutter is the 34" (I think... or maybe the 32"?)....Anyway, If I had the cash Dave, I would have had it off of you!.

tlworkwear
08-07-2013, 09:46 PM
I have a refine here in the house for sale. Needs collecting from south wales. on a stand works all fine good condition but has a power cable but needs cables to connect to pc which can be bought from refine suppliers for about 20-30 pound. I want £80 no offers but needs collection as I can not pack.

you sure you can't be tempted to pack that cutter Dave? ;)

Justin
08-07-2013, 10:10 PM
I have a spare box for the MH721...not much use to you up here though! I'm debating buying another against getting a Roland/Graphtec etc. Just looking for deals right now.

Dave271069
08-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Not just yet. But im sure if I come across some packaging I will try my best. Its the stand that needs dismantling too.

AdrianH
19-07-2013, 12:46 AM
Rather then start another thread, I will ask the same as the original OP did. I am looking at a budget cutter. Mostly for numbers in black vinyl around 23 cm high, I would also like to try my hand at the odd car graphic to go on my car such as a snail or tortoise. I couple of guys at work said they would be interested if I could do some lettering like the Yamafa synbol etc. Anyways looking at either the MH721 or the Redsail RS720C. I am also looking at using Signblazer software. I think it is now free due to the writer having gone I hope to a better place.

I have noticed the cutter MH721 is listed in cutter setup, but not the redsail and not sure how to get the cutter listed. Any help on this?
So of the two cutters any preference for my budget, I still have to buy vinyl and the sticky stuff that goes on top to transfer?
When I got my last numbers it cost enough with p+p that it should not take me too long to recoup my costs, especially if I can help other drivers.

Adrian