PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to all .....

AdamB
14-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Hi everyone, I joined the forum the other day (and was given a very warm welcome) and explained that I found the forum as I was looking for a mug-press.

Anyway, all the kit arrived the other day and I did my first mug this afternoon!

I did have a mug press a couple of years ago and to be totally honest but with having fresh feet pitter-pattering around, not having the time and some of the kit just not working - things just never turned good. I wasted about 30 mugs, never got a good print right, cracked mugs etc. I eventually sold everything I had (mug-press, t-shirt press that I never used etc).

So, as you can understand I was a little anxious getting a mug press again!

Well today, I set up everything and then printed off my first subliminal image. Dohhh (that's a homer simpson doh) I hadn't flipped the image - my fault, start again. After flipping the image and re-printing things were not right and the black ink wasn't coming through ............... relief, it was a kink in the pipe!

I had forgotten how long to put the mugs in for and what temp so I had a quick look at my chin-english instructions that came with the machine and saw - 180 degress for 15-20 secs for any ceramics. Well I thought, things must have advanced somewhat as I could swear blind that I had to keep them in longer in my 2previous life".

As you can imagine, after the first mug turned out abismal, I was a little dismayed. So I jumped on THIS FORUM and did a search, read some posts and realised where I went wrong. I had a play about with the temp and settings and after only 4 mugs I had a SPOT ON PRODUCT!

So, the morale of this story is THANK YOU to everyone here, and thank you to the administrator for create such a forum.

I am sure that I will frequent this 'information portal' daily, picking up tips and learning from the pros and I won't feel ashamed to ask any questions (obviously before doing a search for the problem prior).

I just wanted to post this as I have had a smile on my face all day, and I believe 'credit where credit's due' as they say.

Adam

P.S
Now, just wait till I get my vinyl t-shirt kit!

bms
14-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Great to hear of a success story ;)

Justin
14-05-2010, 08:32 PM
So, the morale of this story is THANK YOU to everyone here, and thank you to the administrator for create such a forum.

Thank you for your feedback Adam, it's always great to hear of these success stories :D I know how you must feel, when I started out I had a lot of problems and gave up only to return a couple of years later and get it all sussed, it's a great feeling.

I'm glad you've found what you need on the forum and hope that your success continues....keep us informed!

Justin ;)