PDA

View Full Version : Your Everyday Printer?

dazzul
08-07-2013, 10:30 PM
Just a question really about your everyday printer and what you use and why

I own
Samsung Mono Laser - Used this for invoices due to low costs but its now on top of the wardrobe when i get more space it will be my everyday.
Epson DX8400 - Used with a CISS for everyday colour printing and proofs, but due to lack of space this is also not being used a i move all my printers around.
Epson SX400 - Using at the moment with refill carts using it for invoices, proofs and everything else. Its nice and small and fits down the size of the sofa (dont tell the mrs where it is)

What about you?

Daz

tlworkwear
08-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Oki C5750 for transfers and general everyday printing but thinking of switching back to inkjet transfers and getting a cheap laser jet just for invoices etc

Just got a Ricoh A4 subli printer as well

epson B1100 A3 with CISS pigment inks installed but haven't used for ages so completely clogged and need to try to clean up before putting on eBay!

smo
08-07-2013, 11:33 PM
Everyday printing is handled by one of several Oki C301DN's we have in the office along side a 5300, 5750 and 98xx - as you can tell we like Oki's. We also have a couple of HP lasers and some strange epson inkjet downstairs which will be binned once the ink runs out.

socialgiraffe
08-07-2013, 11:43 PM
I'm with SMO on this. Purchased a 301 recently for invoices etc and it really is a little gem of a machine. Will run laser transfers if needed, double sides pretty well and have even pushed 270gsm through it when I needed something urgently.

£94.00 plus VAT and third party carts at about £84.00 on ebay for a set means its bloomin cheap :-)

I too have moved away from inkjet except the sublimation machines. Not a conscious decision just think the lasers are better at the mo.

dazzul
09-07-2013, 12:04 AM
Can i ask how many pages per cart on the one your using social?
Off to google i go

IM BACK!
2200 on black, @ 5% coverage now that seems good,

Do you all print colour on your invoices?

smo
09-07-2013, 07:54 AM
Here are the specs on the C301 http://www.oki.co.uk/printers/colour-printers/workgroup-printers/detail.aspx?prodid=tcm:122-131699-16

We've not managed to empty any full tonors yet, but we did eat through the starters in no time at all with a big job.

As Social says it prints transfers really well, we've run plenty of TTC3.1 through it, one word of warning though - if you feed it through upside down (doh!) DON'T re-feed it the right way up as it wraps itself around the fuser....oops! Oki were brilliant about it and sent me a replacement fuser under warranty next day though!!

socialgiraffe
09-07-2013, 08:58 AM
As you say DAZZUL, the official line is 2200 pages. You are probably aware that this figure is no where near what you will actually get as all printers are based on 5% coverage.

dazzul
09-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Yeah, of course its probably just a marketing ploy, but its seems fair my old samsung was 2000 pages and that was brilliant, maybe a oki may be joining me real soon!
We once all my others have died.