PDA

View Full Version : Facebook

dazzul
09-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Who's enjoying this weather???

I thought i would ask you all about your facebook pages.

Do you use a facebook page to gain new customers.

Ive recently set one up and im on 321 likes at the moment, though its related to my wall art side, not advertised my sublimation side just yet.

Im getting around 3 sales a day, but feel that customers exploit the "message" button, we get so many dead leads from people asking the most basic questions that are already on screen, such as "How much is this in red" when the description says £5 in any colour. Beats Me

Also ive learnt its brilliant to offer people a discount if they like our page, that way when we update a status its on there newsfeed.

Whats your general thought on facebook pages?

Paul
09-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Iam big fan of facebook pages. I recon, if done properly then this can become powerful sale/communication tool

tlworkwear
09-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Agreed, I'm going to use mine to advertise the sublimation once I am happy with the testing and the quality of everything. Im just short of 250 likes so far and try to update regularly with pictures and offers but might have to do something bigger for all this new printing I can do :)

Dave271069
09-07-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm also a big fan of Facebook, but at moment I'm stuck on about 110 likes and can't seem to get much more, how do you guys get more likes? Do you ever pay for your post to be put on more people's walls ? I think it's about £3 per post . As anyone paid this and does it work?

tlworkwear
09-07-2013, 07:21 PM
I have never 'bought' any fans and IMO it just wouldnt do the business much good. I got mine the old fashioned way by telling everyone I know about the page and also asking them to post the link on their feeds, not too often though otherwise they will get mad!

Paul
09-07-2013, 07:37 PM
buying fans and paying for post boost is two different things.
Buying fans will cause more harm then is worth.
If you pay to promote your post then it will apear on strangers to you wall. All people are chose with similar points of interest. so this works nicely. you wont get 100000 fans for £3 but if you invest £50 then you may gain quite few new comers.

tlworkwear
09-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Sorry Paul you're right. I meant I would never pay to buy fans but would promote a post as I feel that it would reach potential customers and all it would take is one of them to place an order and you have made your money back plus more. I will most likely be promoting a couple of posts once I am ready to bring some sublimation products to market.

Paul
09-07-2013, 07:59 PM
i would say that most important thing with facebook is to keep in touch with your fans. I am no talking about bombarding them with offers as soon they block you :)
just keep in touch in the most simple way... ask how they are, what they doing etc... posting picture of a mug daily will just force them to Un-fan you.

dazzul
09-07-2013, 11:26 PM
I have had facebook phone me about marketing, ive left it. As for new gains i always post on the local buy and sell groups people have.

pisquee
10-07-2013, 08:57 AM
We have a FB page, and participate in some groups to get our products spread around more, which has resulted in more sales too.
We will be paying for some posts to be spread more widely in the near future, and doing a give-away type competition thing to get more likes (within FB rules on such things of course!)

ASLCreative
10-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Don't become obsessed with fans. It is better to have say 200 fans who are interested in your products than 1000 fans who just signed up.

Also don't fall foul of the facebook rules if you run competitions - avoid share and like this photo/post to win.

socialgiraffe
10-07-2013, 09:11 AM
As a B2B supplier I do not have a facebook page (don't even have a website for my new company!) but a friend of mine recently paid to increase FB likes on their page. It cost them £200 and within 24 hours they had 500 likes.

Not sure how it was done but I do know that she ran a competition to win a pair of earings (they cost her £7.00 and retail at £25.00 so no big cost).

dazzul
10-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Yeah give aways within the rules are the best :)

The only problem is mobile users cant see the tabs on there devices :(

pisquee
10-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Our products are B2B and direct to public.
Some of our stockists also have FB pages, so it works well to be linked to each other through likes on there, as we can then "cross pollinate" our likers.
We then have stockists as well as public people following what we're doing, which is useful.

Renniwano
11-07-2013, 06:31 PM
I have FB pages.. but not fussed on the amount of 'likes' but do sell more from FB than I do from my website lol

dazzul
11-07-2013, 09:06 PM
How much effort do you put into your facebook advertising?

Renniwano
11-07-2013, 09:15 PM
I spend a few hours a week on networking pages.. doesn't cost a penny except a little time *usually while watching tv* plus I have a few friends who constantly share my pages for cheaper work ;)