PDA

View Full Version : I'm likening this?

Dave271069
25-07-2013, 09:10 PM
http://marketing.xpres.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Screen-Print-Quality-Transfers.pdf

anyone used it yet? What does it compare to magic touch ttc paper?

Justin
25-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Most of the suppliers seem to be doing this now, I'm waiting on prices from Serigraf at the moment as well. All seem to do the same thing, the biggest difference I can see is that TMT version uses software they've written in house called Space Control which (I'm told) can reduce the amount of white ink being laid down to reduce costs further.

SunAngel are about to release their version which is considerably cheaper. I've seen it in operation and it's excellent, also prints fluorescent colours. I should be getting this very soon to test and will be reviewing for the forum.

Dave271069
25-07-2013, 09:27 PM
At the moment I'm using TMT ttc transfer papers which I do like, but I'm guessing this stuff will go on any colour shirt , might just hold back on a bn-20 now as the technology seems to be getting better and better all the time.
I have a laser oki but its not a white toner but it looks like white ain't really needed.

socialgiraffe
25-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Hi Dave

These still need a OKI white laser printer to do dark garments. I looked at the Forever papers while I was at FESPA and they did look good. Cost was a bit of an issue with them but the end result was as good as WOW paper.

There are a few competitors to the TTC paper out there but performance wise they are not as good. I have some exact print from Target but the washing is 20 degrees lower and the durability is not as good. I am also waiting on new stuff from Copyfun (a Dutch company) who have appointed an agent in Bristol. I keep getting emails from them saying someone will be in touch soon but that is all I have had so far.

tlworkwear
25-07-2013, 10:07 PM
I got give some by the xpres sales guy but haven't had a chance to test yet. I have always been a TTC guy but have never been happy with the options for dark tops and was actually impressed with the xpres version of the transfer paper for white and I prefer the quality personally. I've also got an oki but no white toner and was told that if I wanted to get white using the no weed paper then I would have to 'create' a white effect using a light blue or something else.