PDA

View Full Version : rhinestones

jaffacat
19-05-2010, 12:12 PM
hi

quick question a friends asked for some tshirts with rhinestones on for a party, never done this before so some basic questions:
can I use cotton tshirts that she already has or do they have to be specifically made for rhinestones?
what tape do I need to use - going to make my own design and want to know what tape I need to stick the rhinestones to (I understand my design needs to be printed our in mirror view)and from a short video on YouTube I note that they stick some sort of clear tape to one side of the stones and the back that was peeled of to the otherside, not sure which way the stones need to be put on my design and what this tape is about so that they are the correct way so when I heat press them they stick to the tshirts the correct way. Is there a tutorial or can anyone advise?

and if I wanted to do a design with dye sub ink and add a few rhinestones can that be done on a heat press if so what do I do first or how would I apply the stones to the image or cant it be done as I would have thought if you do the image 1st then reheat for the rhinestones you would ruin your original sub image?

finally is there a specific sort of rhinestone I need to get with glue on the back?

thanks Lisa

TransferGraeme
19-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Hi Lisa

We can offer everything you need http://www.thetransferpress.co.uk/acata ... rview.html (http://www.thetransferpress.co.uk/acatalog/rhinestone-overview.html)

If you need anything more don't hesitate to PM me or phone.

jaffacat
19-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Thanks Graeme

Only thing im still not sure of is around if you want to add some rhinestones to a sub image or flock wording, can you do the image/wording 1st with the heat press then go back & add the rhinestones and reheat or is that too much heat for the original image if you see what I mean?
original element of the question pasted below:
and if I wanted to do a design with dye sub ink and add a few rhinestones can that be done on a heat press if so what do I do first or how would I apply the stones to the image or cant it be done as I would have thought if you do the image 1st then reheat for the rhinestones you would ruin your original sub image?

Thanks Lisa

TransferGraeme
19-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Hi Lisa

Yes you can dye-sub an image and then add rhinestones in a separate pressing - the temp used for the stones is much lower and does not affect the dye-sub image at all!

jaffacat
20-05-2010, 08:56 AM
fab been searching the Internet n couldn't find any information on both

Cheers lisa

wenico
27-05-2010, 11:54 PM
A forum that may be able to help

http://tbiz101forum.com/index.php?board=17.0

I just bought 1000 hot fix fhinestones from ebay for Australian $11,95 including postage with freemail

So I'm goin to give it a try... A new toy.... Great.

Regards

Roy N.

jaffacat
28-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Yeah I saw them on Ebay Roy but where do you get your templates from?

wenico
29-05-2010, 12:19 AM
I'm looking at making them myself.

I have a plotter cutter and should have no problems. When I get it going I'll let the board know what I've used and if someone wants a template created could do it and mail it for the cost of the mail and material.

I'm still learning but I am pretty resourceful. I think I'll have to invest in some more software.

Regards

Roy N.