PDA

View Full Version : mug presss

jennywren
19-05-2010, 06:50 PM
I know that this subject has been done before :oops: but I'm looking for the mug press that did 8 mugs or something like that, has anybody got one and would they reccommend it.

Andrew
19-05-2010, 07:09 PM
The only commonly used 8 mug printing process that I know is commonly used is the JML type oven. 4 mugs is a more comfy fit but can double up. Is this what you were thingking or an actual press style?

Justin
19-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Dom Global sell them but they're very expensive, personally I'd stick to multiple single head presses but I'd very much like to here from anyone who's tried one.

You can import them far cheaper yourself from China.......go on someone, have a go!

Andrew
19-05-2010, 08:30 PM
I've got one of the 5 head Dom Global presses if that is the one you are on about. Had lots of new elements due to them burning out and also the control unit replace once or twice. Probably works out to me having had 3 of the full sets. In fairness it is good value all depending on what you want to achieve. I also have a few double head NC presses which cost nearly the same amount. The actual print that it gives is very good. Never used the bits and pieces such as hat and plate press but have used the other mug elements which are okay. The Deco element is a pain but expect this with other makes as it is due to the shape which squeezes the mug out of the press.

Andrew
19-05-2010, 08:32 PM
If anyone imports them buy atleast twice as many elements and keep the suppliers contact details handy. In fairness to DG they did give me quite a few replacement elements foc.

jennywren
19-05-2010, 10:32 PM
I have a mug oven and a mug press but if I have a large order I only use the mug oven for consistency but I need something that can do more, for the larger orders. if I buy another mug oven and 12 clamps it works out quite expensive Is it possible for some to post a link to multi mug press. Is there any other way I can do larger orders with out to much expensive..

Justin
19-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Are there any slightly larger ovens available? I think it was Frisbee (David) that mentioned they use something, maybe not a cheap option and better suited to large runs but just a thought. It would be good to have an oven that did 12 at a time.

Andrew
19-05-2010, 11:28 PM
Loads of commercial ovens on the market of all sizes even walk in ones. I have been looking at a converted pizza conveyor oven recently and might have a go.

jennywren
20-05-2010, 08:20 AM
I would love a oven that did 12, this last order has taken it toll on my sleep big time :( , so if anyone could recommedd a starting point for us to look would be so welcome.

Andrew
20-05-2010, 09:49 AM
I'm looking at getting a kiln currently for a different type of printing which would do the job for sublimation. They sell now and then on ebay as there are quite a few hobbiests and artist students that use them.

I actually printed some tester a few years back in Microwave with the oven function and it worked. Doesn't take much to do the job as you are only looking to get to 200c. Obviously the better you get the quicker with fan assisted etc.

Kaz
20-05-2010, 10:37 AM
I'm sure one of the members on here said he just uses his oven that's on his cooker in his kitchen for big runs :?

jennywren
21-05-2010, 12:04 AM
How many sets of clamps would you need if you used your micowaveand oven plus a mug oven, to keep it fluid you need to have two people to keep it flowing and temps right.

AJLA
21-05-2010, 09:58 AM
As many as you want to produce at any one time. I only have four because thats what fits in my oven.

Andrew
21-05-2010, 12:58 PM
I would use atleast double what ever the total capacity was if you wanted to do high volume. Whilst the others are cooking you can then be preparing the new batch and just swap straight over. Even 3 sets if cost effective to allow for cooling of the ones just coming out of the oven. All comes down to cost.

jennywren
21-05-2010, 07:40 PM
I operate on the system on 4 clamps in mug oven, four cooling, and four waiting to get wraped. I would like another mug oven and 8 clamps so if possibe for the suppliers on this site to price this up for me and pm me (thanks), my dream wish would be something that cut the paper, place the image on the mug and then the teflon sheet, thats the time killer, is there any short cuts to this. (just praying :lol: )

bms
21-05-2010, 09:37 PM
We don't do the mug oven, but the JML Oven (Google search) is the same product. The Cactus wraps we have available are at:
http://www.printerowners.co.uk/presses-and-cutters/432/mug-cactus-wraps-oven-wraps.htm

sinotransfer
18-10-2010, 03:49 PM
it is some alike this pic