PDA

View Full Version : Really putting my Cameo to the test.

Dave271069
08-08-2013, 05:21 PM
i wonder how well my cameo does, currently cutting 200 full frontal t-shirts for a protein company, lots of cutting and weeding to do but if it completes it all the profit would of paid for my cameo out right easy peesy.
im wondering if i will need to order a spare blade just incase?

Paul
08-08-2013, 05:25 PM
:) I would order one just in case.
200 tees you say???
it should pay for it self and buy you a new, bigger machine ;)
well done ;)

socialgiraffe
08-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Way to go Dave glad to see its all coming together.

Dave271069
08-08-2013, 05:39 PM
yeh its starting to take shape, started of with a friend who had a small protien company but as his business is growing he is putting me in touch with lots of Gyms and other supplement companies, this one is from the midlands somewhere so im spreading my wares, one day it will be a Versacamm , BN-20, OR SIMILAR then i will be happy,

Simon i read on a other thread you prefer your Oki than the Versacamm what Papers / transfers are you finding the best? could a oki laser printer really be good enough to mass produce t-shirts? or should we really be looking at other options?

Dave

viccar
08-08-2013, 06:00 PM
i bought a spare blade when i got the machine 18mths ago, and have not used it yet, and ive cut thousands of designs.

Yet some people seem to go through lots of blades.

I think the secret is not to have the blade and pressure too high.

socialgiraffe
08-08-2013, 06:13 PM
I just quoted on 7000 transfers for a customer and decided with print time, weeding and application tape included that the OKI would be cheaper and in my opinion the feel is slightly better. In terms of quality yes it is better, did you not get the sample printed transfers that I sent you?

Its not that I prefer the OKI over the VS, I just find that there is more profit in the OKi. Perhaps that's more to do with not as many people have them, it might be that it is just easier to use or the fact that it is a lot smaller and considerably cheaper, but I do think that as a business piece of machinery it is better.

Take the gym transfers I did for you.

100 left breast transfers will take about 3-5 hours to weed. With the Oki you will get four on a sheet so once printed will take you about 40minutes to prepare for pressing on to the garment. Cost wise if you said an hourly rate of £30.00 per hour then look at the following:

VS: Materials about £20.00, time at £30ph £90.00 = £110.00
OKI: Materials £70.00, time at £30ph £30.00 = £100.00
I have not included the time for pressing the garment as that is the same regardless.

So there is not much difference in price. With the OKI you could do 400 garments in one day if you knuckled down. With the VS it will take you a minimum of 12 hours for the same amount of garments.

I use WOW paper, it works and the price is right so have not tried anything else. Also, the New WOW 7.7 should be released within the next couple of weeks which will significantly reduce the price of the transfers.

But, and there always is a but. Today my VS has run 1000 kiss cut stickers. 300 window clings both on clear and backed with white and one with metallic print. And I am going to leave it running a couple of posters while I pop out. The OKI system can not do any of those jobs.

So in summary Dave... you need both :wink:

Dave271069
08-08-2013, 06:29 PM
i do love you how you explain things, love your costings etc.

one thing im confused with is the white toner, i received your window stickers and they looked great but i bought some white laser sticky sheets of a4 vinyl from MDP, and i made the same stickers as yours but without white toner as the backing was white, so why is white toner actually needed?

socialgiraffe
08-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Mine stick to the inside of the window, yours to the outside I presume.

Plus mine can be kiss cat to any shape and be full colour. Yours can't :tongue:

Bex
09-08-2013, 10:05 PM
I use mdp vinyl with silhouette vinyl settings. Done 1000's of cuts plus some card and paper and still on my first blade :smile:

GoldRapt
19-10-2013, 12:16 PM
Hows that Cameo going Dave, is it any good for print & Cut for heat transfer papers?

Dave271069
19-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Cameo still going strong, use mainly for vinyl but yes also have used it for print and cut with some of the laser papers....